The VG Resource

Full Version: Metroid Prime 3 Ripping Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there

So I went through and was following the ripping guide from the help section. I am going through the files that were extracted looking for .BRRES files as stated but there aren't any that I can find. Am I missing a step somewhere or does this game not happen to have those file types?

Also the .iso I'm using is a PAL one which I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I am trying to just rip samus's ship model and texture from the game so I can mess around with it like the ship models from prime 2 and other M have been made available.

Thanks for any help =)
This post is almost three months old but seeing as how it hasn't been answered...

Prime 3 doesn't use .brres. Retro uses their own proprietary formats. The formats you're looking for are CMDL (model) and TXTR (texture). If you want rigs then you also need CHAR (character), CINF (skeleton), and CSKR (skin). There are no tools for the latter files but if you like you can use some crappy Maxscripts I made to extract CMDL/TXTR/MREA. (link)
Can someone translate the max script into a blender add-on? Or at the very least help me do it myself (bear in mind I have little experience with programming outside of fluency with TI-BASIC on the TI-84+).