The VG Resource

Full Version: PS2 Model Ripping help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi iv'e been trying to extract the models  from the ps2 game Magic User Kurohime (Mahou Tsukai Kurohime) since 2013 i was able to get the textures extracted thanks to texmod which are the textures that are currently pending in TTR.

anywho iv'e tryed Demonboy's method of ripping from this game and it ends up like this

[Image: 71k7mg.png]

with backface culling

anywho i thought why not try to get at the model files themselves then i found the biggest file called romimage.vfs also i researched that .vfs also contain models and sounds so i need help.

http://file.org/extension/vfs#

this game was a manga before became a game and it in my opinion totally inspired the Bayonetta franchise both are withes that use magic anywho i really want to submit all of the models myself to TMR since i have every single texture all ready extracted.

if you need the romimage .vfs file 

here it is 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s83osr...MIMAGE.zip

i put it into a zip so it's easier to download.
cool thanks just tried them out

they work up until i now have to open the .dat files

how do i open the .dat files do i use noesis or brawlbox?
i doubt the models are supported in noesis, and brawlbox is only for certain wii games
I see do you know how i can open the .dat files then i really want to get these models
also not sure if this will help but the people who made this game also made the ps2 Naruto games.
found something interesting there are three sections

mdl or mot and the map section which is the levels of course which also use .afs

when you click in the mdl section .afs files appear but when you click the mot section files with .msb appear with characters names on them

Now i'm not sure which one has the character models now what is a .msb file the only thing i could find on it is it being a error type file format, and dat being a source of data storage.
I did look at the files, but could not make a whole lot of sense of them.
I usually don't like putting a lot of effort into formats I don't really care about myself so..
Fair Enough thanks TGE guess it means i won't be able to ever get those models i really wanted to share them with TMR as well there really cool character designs too.
@ TGE No one's responded yet good news is however i got direct x ripper to work on the pcx2 emulator everything is perfect except the y axis is flat and i tried unflattering it do you know any way of fixing it?

here's a screenshot

[Image: mugy74.png]
Due to the way the GS renderer on PCSX2 works the models will be skewed arbitrarily depending on the in-game camera

On a side note, I've started to attempt writing a maxscript for these models.
No guarantees, of course.
There seems to be a lot of animal-like creatures in this game. Interesting for a fighter game
Yeah their Kurohime's monster bullets known as Mahodan the manga's amazing definitely give it a read online or offline some time.

also ty Smile so much for going ahead and attempting to make a script for me please when it's done may i submit the models to TMR i have all the textures already and i really want to submit them all and i have all their textures pending already.

theirs also enemies ingame like hornet's, bats, raven's and chimera's

here's some gameplay if your interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35U8h1p67PM

also bows i'm not worthy thanks again you rock and are extremely nice and patient.