The VG Resource

Full Version: Sega Dreamcast model ripping help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, this is first time i make topic on this forum.
anyway, i really want to rip models from a game called Cannon Spike. i only managed to somehow rip it with 3Dripperdx. so far i only ripped Cammy and made somehow T-posed her. if there's a way i can rip the model in other way or if i can rip the sound effects from it. then that would be cool since i have no experience in ripping stuff from console games. also when i t-posed that model. can i still post it on models-resource in "other systems" section?
if this topic is in wrong section then i highly apologize.
Dreamcast models tend to have completely different filetypes for each game. While the sound files are (usually) consistent from game to game, the model files are not. If you'd like us to help you with the filetype, post a file here and we'll take a look at it.

Also, yes, you are free to post even a manually T-posed model onto TMR. I've manually T-posed many of the characters from Cel Damage, and I got them all onto TMR no problem.
(03-10-2015, 12:16 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]from game to game, the model files are not. If you'd like us to help you with the filetype, post a file here and we'll take a look at it.

hmm. but i can't really tell what is the model in the game's iso. if you mean the filetype of the edited model i have right now then i can send you that on mediafire. if you mean the file from the game then i can't really tell which one is the model file and which one is the sound/texture file :/
those are the file formats i found in the .iso
1 .H
1 .DAT
68 .BPE
129 .BIN
22 .ADX
1 .DB
those numbers are how many of these are there

there are files called like
"TEXTURE_RANKING.BIN"
"TEXTURE_GALLERY_MENU.BIN"
"CH_VOICE.BIN"
"RESOURCE_PLAYER1.BIN"
and much more.
excuse me for bumping, but i was actually hopping that someone who already ripped from Sega Dreamcast could help me with this. also i apologize if this i sound annoying or something Sad