The VG Resource

Full Version: Lovintendo's Sprite Temple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, guys, it's me again, the new user of site, Lovintendo, with some sprites created by me.

[Image: Biggest_Powers_zpsdh6mnlzr.png]
This is based on one of the bonuses from SMB3, I'm considering also make SMW fire flower.

[Image: Powerups_zpsmi7fxrev.gif]
A basic mushroom. has a lot more where this came out, just not finished editing them. No, the white in the upper corners on some frames of animation are not errors, see some pictures and will understand why.

[Image: Question_Block_zpsqjq4pod8.gif]
Now the Question Blocks. I made a new version recently, but kept the Old sprites for you evaluate.

For now is that, in a few days I return with new images.

PS .: Do not forget, I am Brazilian, so my English went well. Oh, you pay me, Google translator!
Something odd about the shading on the flower, but I can't put my finger on it. I like the mushrooms; the rotation on the small one is nice and smooth.

As for the ? blocks, I can't tell the difference between old and new.
I like the rotating mushroom. Are you going to make it so it spins all the way around?
@Kelvin, really the flower shading is based on the original image, made the issues according to the original flower picture, only view with only 256 colors, and the difference between the old and new Question Block is the shading.
Look:
[Image: Shading__zpsje8qna93.png]
NEW<-OLD

@Ton, I do not know if I'll make the mushroom turning in all directions, because although it is a good idea, it is difficult to make the sprites.
Cool. I like the way the flower looks.
Ah, I see now. Yes, that looks much better. Smile
New stuff!

[Image: coin_zpstq1nahis.gif]
Coins, Coins, More Coins...

That's all!for the time being
I gotta hand it to you. Nobody would have thought about rotating a coin on the X axis as opposed to the Y one.

Good stuff all around, but the Yoshi/Dragon Coin could use a little work to make the Yoshi face more readable/less deformed.
(03-17-2015, 11:59 AM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]the Yoshi/Dragon Coin could use a little work to make the Yoshi face more readable/less deformed.

Give me an example.
I don't have any sprite examples on hand, but why not take a look at how they do the Dragon Coins in Super Mario World? Try having the face at a profile view.
[Image: Dragon_Coin_Preview_zpsibtb6p7x.gif]
OLDxNEW
What did you think?
That's a definite improvement. I think the shading around the top should be thinner, though; it looks really deep as it is now, which doesn't match how obviously flat it is when the coin rotates.
Really, @Kelvin, the shading is thin, that darker shade is like a separation between the more and less deep parts.
Ah, I see now. It's hard to tell when it's blinking, so I put it in Aseprite to look. You're right, it's thin enough.
[Image: Mushouse_zpsjzhzrclx.png]
Now, I did the sprites of toad houses. for the time being, I have not done the animation of the opening door.
Pages: 1 2 3 4