The VG Resource

Full Version: Hey, aspiring spriter here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I joined this site in the hopes of learning how to make some cool sprites.
One of the major problems I have at the moment is not knowing where to start.
Majority of the things I have read for beginners to do were to just edit sprites or doodle things that you like.
Neither things I feel would work for me so I would like to ask for some help.
I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some things to do in order to learn make things that aren't terrible.
I should also mention that the artistic direction I aspire to lean towards is Megaman Zero, Azure striker, and the like.
Hopefully this isn't too much to be asking in my first post.
Welcome to the VGResource bud! I was in your shoes a when I started spriting. I started with recolors and studied the sprites and the choice of colors and how they were drawn. Post a thread in Custom sprites/Pixel art to showcase your work. We'll be more than glad to help! Recolors aren't gonna fly here well though. Try doodling some random thing like a ball or square and will give you crit.

Have a good stay!
Welcome to the forums, Burst!

The best advice I can give you currently is to just make something from scratch. Post it here so we can help you improve upon it. :>

http://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html
Welcome aspiring spriter.

My first legal advice for you is Criticisms are not meant to be mean, they are there to help you fix and become a better artist.