The VG Resource

Full Version: KSSU Amazing Flying Hammer Brother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well this is my first time trying at KSSU, this style is seeming to get popular, considering Sploder also has a KSSU topic going on too, so I'd thought I'd try too. So here a an amazing flying hammer bro, I plan on doing a full sheet. Any C+C,
[Image: kssuhammerbroat1.png]
It's nice but I think it is just a little off, I'm not entirely sure though.
Looking decent.

A few complaints tho. The face looks off, he doesn't have that koopa nose/beak thing. i think you just misinterpreted the sprite you were basing it on. make his mouth line thing extend diagonally downward from the left like as done in the base sprite...if that makes sense lol. His legs look copied and flipped, but it's kinda hard to tell. You should make his belly overlap his right leg (our left).

Also your shading is good, but i suggest using the brightest shades more. otherwise it's a good start (:
Thanks for the great advice Dark! Also I fixed the belly, but I wasn't sure if you were right about the nose because in the SMW version he has a mouth, and when you zoom the SPP one it it doesn't look connected, update,
[Image: kssuhammerbrolh4.png]
I thought the face shading was a little screwy. His nose area need to stick out more.
(10-19-2008, 07:32 PM)sba sb3002 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the face shading was a little screwy. His nose area need to stick out more.
If I put his nose out more, he would look like Pinocchio, It is perfect length, matching with the helmet.
Why do the feet have different lightsources?
I thought hammer bros had beaks?
(10-19-2008, 07:34 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2008, 07:32 PM)sba sb3002 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the face shading was a little screwy. His nose area need to stick out more.
If I put his nose out more, he would look like Pinocchio, It is perfect length, matching with the helmet.
No that's not what I meant. You see how the small one has a bright nose that starts underneath his eyes?
Hmm...it looks like its connected in the SPP sprites. it just appears AA'd when you zoom in. i mean, he does have a mouth, but hammer bros and koopas always have that characteristic nose that hangs over their mouth. not sure what's going on with the SMW sprites tho :<

but right now it just looks like the side of his face is inflated. i dunno.
That's why he needs the nose effect! It makes the lump look like it's part of a beak.
He doesn't look like a koopa. On the original sprite, it looks like he does actually have a bill, it's just hard to make out.

Also, yay for fads!
No black inside the sprite besides the mouth and eyes. This is directed toward the knees.

Make him shorter and have him lean back a bit more, like he's sitting. Also, do NOT mirror his legs. His posture sets the legs at two different angles. Please change the right one (our left). Lastly, too many colors.
The style has 15 colors + transparacy.
Alright now I know exactly what you guys meant about the beak, And I fixed it and made it look like a beak, and Geo, I will listen to your advice in the next update, right now I was focusing on the bill, update,
[Image: kssuhammerbrovo5.png]
Update, I made it so that the lightsources on the shoe are the same, and I made him lean back more, and shifted the leg forward, update,
[Image: kssuhammerbrobh8.png]
Pages: 1 2