The VG Resource

Full Version: The "in-between" Sonic games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Sonic series has hit an un-deniable lousy streak. But one of the biggest things that annoys me in a lot of rants I see is that they all act as if Sonic Heroes was the first bad Sonic game. Seriously, they all act as if there was nothing between the first 5 that everyone loved, and the two Sonic adventures. That has always annoyed the bleeping hell out of me. So, this topic is devoted to the discussion of such games. Ya know, the ones that were BETWEEN the fabulous five and the terrific two.
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I didn't think any of the 3D Sonic games were actually bad besides the PS360 one. I mean... they weren't as awesome as the 2D ones, but they were still good games. I don't know maybe it's just the nostalgia talking.
Uh... Sonic Jam was whatever, that one mario party rip off was ass, Sonic R had wasted potential (I loved Resort Island though. Level and track.), Knuckles chaotix was okay, the game gear games were whatever, Tails Adventure was lulz though, and both 3D Blasts were OK. Am I missing any?
Basiicly from what I can gather, Most Sonic fans hate most games besides Sonic1/2/3&K and both Adventures. Heroes is mixed, Shadow is generaly hated along with 06, Secret rings is meh. The Advances and Rushes were good, and all the rest don't matter much. No one cares about the GG games, but say that Blast and Labyrinth suck alot, Sonic R is mixed, the collections are well liked somehow, the rest I missed no one ever talks about, and uncoming Unleashed is well liked for now.

So, IMO, the 3D games arn't the only ones hated. Just more often then the rest because the rest, were mostly minor.
Spinball was the shit. 3D Blast was pretty bad. Mean Bean Machine was just...Puyo Pop. Sonic Shuffle is garbage. Chaotix, I liked, but it was too different for my taste to be up their with the others. I never played many of the Game Gear games, despite having Sonic Gems. Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters are both okay. And apparently, Sonic Pocket Adventure is amazing but I've never played it.
I'm not a retro gamer, and grew up with the N64, so the Genesis Sonic games do little for me.
Adventure 1 and 2 were very well thought-out games, and were fun to play. 2 Suffered from some glitches on the GC port, but it was still very playable.

Heroes was ok, but changed some set pieces that made the game herd or impossible to play glitch-free (The Spiderweb grinding puzzle, jumping up a tower filling with lava, swinging away from the crocodile...)

Shadow was disagreeable because of the direction they went with the characters and new gameplay elements. '06 was just lain unfinished; which should NEVER be tolerated.

Secret Rings was the first solid Sonic game in a while, and the RPG elements were very interesting and well implimented.

There have also been 5 million topics on this already, and no one will ever agree on the same thing.
Is Secret Rings even that good? I mean, it's at my Wal-Mart's Bargain Bin, I could pick it up. But both Shadow the Hedgehog and the newest 360 Sonic game is also there too. So uh, it makes me question picking it up.

also, I demand no more Sonic game topics. They are almost as bad as Smash Bros. and Metal Gear topics.
And here I thought this topic was about the games BESIDES the games EVERYONE loves to discuss...

Also, I disagree with Arktuck, if only because this topic is about something different for once. Or is supposed to be.
Honestly I liked sonic shuffle...
If you liked Sonic Shuffle you have mastered the art of patience.
chaotix was great
Personally, SanK and Sonic 2 were the first Sonic games I ever played, back when I was 9. The Sonic adventures I got on a gamecube a little more than a year ago,(plus the collection of gamegear games) and I got Sonic 1 in last summer.

And yeah, I was trying to aim for something different with this thread here. The Inbetween Sonic games seemed very widely ignored, and I was annoyed at how Sonic bithcers always act as if the new games are the first bad ones Sega ever created.
I kind of enjoyed some of the minigames in shuffle, but it was a piece of monkey crap otherwise.
(10-20-2008, 05:45 PM)kyrtuck Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, SanK and Sonic 2 were the first Sonic games I ever played, back when I was 9. The Sonic adventures I got on a gamecube a little more than a year ago,(plus the collection of gamegear games) and I got Sonic 1 in last summer.

And yeah, I was trying to aim for something different with this thread here. The Inbetween Sonic games seemed very widely ignored, and I was annoyed at how Sonic bithcers always act as if the new games are the first bad ones Sega ever created.
I don't recall anyone saying that. They just don't get mention because they're so minor they don't really matter.
for me, the first Sonic game I played was maybe Sonic 2 or something, but that was a long time ago where I don't even remember it being enjoyable, so the first Sonic game I played that I enjoyed was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and I enjoyed it alot, and I loved the Chao.

call me a late gamer, but those were games I really enjoyed, and I played the originals on Sonic Mega Collection later, and I didn't like it as much, they just were too frustrating for me.

but anyways, I liked 3D Blast when I played it on MC, I enjoyed S&K a bit, and Eggman's mean bean machine I enjoyed because it was the closest to Puyo Pop I could ever play
Pages: 1 2 3