The VG Resource

Full Version: Fawful's Attempts at Spriting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K, so I made my first completely custom sprite sheet. It's Wittgenstein from the Brave Little Toaster movies. I was originally going for M&L: Dream Team style but soon realized that was not currently possible for someone at my skill level. What do you think?

[Image: HRNXnmq.png]

I submitted it on TSR, but it hasn't been approved yet.
For the record, sprites from films aren't generally accepted on the VG Resource. There are some exceptions if it's meant for a licensed game or it's more like the case for Kingdom Hearts content. Otherwise, if you're looking for sprites to submit, I'd stick with ones that actually came from video games.

As for the sprite in question, it's not bad for a beginner. You still need to learn some things, such as how to shade better and general animation. I'm sure that the other guys will give you more tips on things like that, but it wouldn't hurt to poke around in the spiriting dictionary.

SPRITING DICTIONARY (and resources)
Of course, if you turned this into a full-on game, that'd be a different story entirely. They have indie games here, too.

As for the sprite itself, it REALLY needs some contrast. IIRC, that character never did show up in any good lighting, since I think he was in the basement or something? Yeeeah, I don't remember well; the sequels really got on my bad side. Though I would love to see more sprites from these movies, even if they wouldn't be accepted on the site. Honestly, I'm kind of shocked I didn't think of this myself; I love the Brave Little Toaster.