The VG Resource

Full Version: Double Fine .mesh Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well once again searching has proved to be useless and I have to outright ask for help. I would think this would be a bit easier than some considering the archive format was figured out long ago. The models on the other hand are still a mystery. Can someone have a look and see if they can make any sense of these?

Dropbox Link

Kind of an important thing to me, hope it gets sorted out.
.mesh is an xnlara model format.
(01-12-2015, 05:50 PM)Turbo Thunderbolt Wrote: [ -> ].mesh is an xnlara model format.

I highly doubt that the Double Fine .mesh format is the same as the XNALara .mesh though.
Indeed, they are very different. I assume it has to do with combining the two files of mesh and header and reading them that way with some method. Otherwise just finding the model data itself in the .mesh file. If you're wondering I got this specific bunch from Costume Quest, one of my favorite indie games. Anyway, I'd really like to be able to rip from this game properly...
Well just an example that I can confuse two files that look the same but are handled differently
Here you go!
[attachment=5067]
OH SNAP...I mean...wow, that's awesome! Any particular way you did this? Mind sharing it with me so I can finally do some rips of my own rather than just requesting all the time?

Although if you wish to do them yourself, these are my top four needed...

Dropbox Link
I used hex2obj to rip the model by manually putting in the offsets and values.
I now wrote a maxscript but I'm unable to automate the process due to being unable to figure out a certain section in the .mesh.header
I can't figure out the scaling of the UVs, they're skewed by arbitrary values. Do you think you could get any of the meshes you linked me through ninja ripper and send the rip to me?
Certainly, here's the two overworld figures. First for the Dentist, the other for Time Wizard.

Dropbox Link
Thanks, I'll see what I can figure out by referencing the rips.
Thank you very much. It is very appreciated.
Hate to be pushy or anything, but I was curious if anything was discovered with this so far? These models are a bit important to my projects and I was hoping to get them converted...
Well I'm not sure how to fix the uvs I'm afraid, so the less then wanted answer would be to use ninja ripper which appears to rip the meshes in tpose unless I figure out what's up with the uvs
That's a shame. The models tend to come out a bit distorted with Ninja Ripper, and I have a heck of a time putting them together properly. Ah well, I guess I'll have to make do with what I've got until later. Thank you very much for the effort.
(01-24-2015, 08:40 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]That's a shame. The models tend to come out a bit distorted with Ninja Ripper, and I have a heck of a time putting them together properly. Ah well, I guess I'll have to make do with what I've got until later. Thank you very much for the effort.

The models do rip however, though the uvs are a bit screwed up.
Pages: 1 2