The VG Resource

Full Version: Hypernova Kirby Sprite Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the attachment is the rejected sheet, can you help maybe so it can go on...it hypernova
I... don't know where to begin with this one.

Let's start by saying these colors are terrible. I know that the colors on Kirby in the game bright, but you could have picked a better palette. The hyper nova fruit tree is terribly outlined and shaded. I can see that you grabbed screenshots and just cut pieces that you wanted into your sheet. The tornado is just a bunch of recolored pre-existing sprites all pasted together in pure chaos.

Please, please, don't tell me you don't understand why it was rejected. <=/
Danith, try looking at the other submissions that were accepted and compare them to yours. Try to be as good or better than the existing submissions in the Custom / Edited section. Really, that'd be some good starting advice.
Kirby's cheek color (meaning the blushes on his cheek. I'm refering to the pixel placement) is inconsistent in most of the sprites. Kirby's mouth looks square and it just looks very... wierd. I mean, parts of the mouth just go all the way to the edge of the sprite, there's too much red on random areas of it and it makes it look really unappealing. The hyper swallow sprite just looks like you pasted some suction effect on there and edited kirby to fit in. It looks like the same situation with the hypernova beam too.

I suggest you take a look at some more kirby sprites and practice some more and get the basics down before making a sprite sheet. One at a time pal.
Using your idea's i have Remade. This is Version 1.2...help me out, and eventually there will be a hypernova sprite for all to use.
-A "Beta" Hypernado until i can come up with something.
-The Tree Remade...not fully custom.
-The Blue used in The Kssu Backgrounds here.
-Cheeks Removed,Darker yellow
(The sprite at the Top,2nd row ( there's two there its the Right one) is Custom edit to the jump pose at the 6th row)

I Remade Slightly, give me some help.
NOTE: The Hypernado is a working progress so it will take longer...and the beam will be LAST one i do...
That is a MAJOR improvement, especially on the plant. The inhale and tornado sprites still need work, but at least you're on the right path now.
A bit more added... The Swallow changed, The Hypernado a bit more 8bitlized.
If Able more help would be good^^
Thanks
Good, good you're improving. Your normal swallow sprites still needs some tweaking. I suggest that you work on the other sprites before going on to the larger sfx (the hyperswallow sfx still isn't appealing. When compared with Kirby, it's just drawn there and looks bland while clashing with the entire style of the sheet. Take a look at some of the sfx sheets on this site for reference if necessary). If the tornado is meant for animation (which it's supposed to be), each tornado sprite should convey some form of motion. Here's an example:

[Image: tornadorips_inc.png]

Work some more on the slashing attack sfx too. Otherwise good job. You are improving. Smile

Edit: I made a minor quick edit to one kirby swallow sprite because the mouth looked stretched out when it usually should be wide open. I didn't have much time to make it but this is what I think it should look like.

[Image: FS0EFy9.png]
These are edits of KSSU style Kirby, correct?
That's what it looks like now that you mention it. Man am I stupid.
I Few improvements, And Credit to BlueBlur For The pic of the Remade sprite he made for my sprites...And yes these are KSSU^^

Also Hypronado is actually Custom, its made off of the last Sprite.
The Beta Remade Hyperswallow^^
I see what you did with the tornado. You bent the tornado and then inverted it to give it movement. Don't do that. Resprite the tornado to actually rotate. It's a decent sprite but invest a bit more time to it.

Woah is that hyperswallow effect custom? Looks cool! Remove the jaggies and make it look more uniform.

Tip: It is unnecessary to keep attaching the sprites to the posts. Use Imgur and place the image url in [img] tags.
Still not a fan of those colors. Hypernova Kirby in the game has a gradient of various colors. But that might be too hard at this point.

[Image: latest?cb=20131212212207&path-prefix=en]

Well just listen to the advice these guys have I'm sure you'll find the sollution.
(no update just reply)
@Koopaul: Those other are just effects if you look its actually just yellow with special effects.
And i am listening...^^
@BlueBlur97: The Hypernado took alot to slightly animate but i'll try.
I'm surprised it looks good. It was Created with doodle and Ctrl C/V to make go together.

(I don't know if imgur will work with me but i'll try. Back soon)

(Attempt at imgur)

[Image: JQbcoSY.png]
It has been 5 years since I last responded to this, gosh how I've evolved over time. Those sprites look horrendous, but granted back in the day, it was the best I could do with the resources presented. So I actually ended up, upgrading this.

I just wanted to show this off at long last, It still in a developmental phase as I've yet to make enough sprites for it in my own opinion but sort of in comparison to the original. I've done tons more custom-works, Although I haven't really gotten them 'complete' to post them, although I've use them in my comic. Just as KSSU-Styled Archer, Poison and Doctor. Also a KSSU-Styled Robobobobot Suit.

[Image: HYPERNOVA.png]

Have A wonderful day Cute
Pages: 1 2