The VG Resource

Full Version: Canceled MadWorld project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[post deleted]
Holy shit! This is amazing! I've been trying to get Madworld models for the longest time, but neither me, nor anyone else, could figure out how to do so, since it uses a completely different format than any other Platinum game. Even though they're not in T-pose, I'm still extremely happy for this, you are doing god's work.

By the way, is there any chance that you'll be getting Mathilda (the Baron's girl), Leo, Rin-Rin, or Elise as well? And is there any chance that you could rip the electrocuted models too?
It might be possible to get the models in t-pose if you were to hack the animations.
EDIT:
[Image: elTFF.png]
How did you hack it to get him T-posed, TGE?

Also:
(01-10-2015, 02:13 PM)SovietSandvich9 Wrote: [ -> ]Anarchy Reigns I haven't worked with in a long time, Noesis didn't have a problem previewing the models because they used the same format as Bayonetta's games do, but the textures needed for the models were too small and it had another UV issue which probably now looking back was just the wrong UV channel selected.

Anarchy Reigns actually uses a slightly modified version of the format that Bayonetta 1 and Vanquish use. Since Noesis was written to only read the Bayonetta/Vanquish format, it does not properly read the Anarchy Reigns models, which is why many of the textures are shrunken when exported, and why the rigging/weighting is broken.
I replaced Jack's idle animation with a small random animation from some enemy. He only appears t-posed for a short time though..
Anyways I've been looking into the model format this game uses for a loooong time, and I recently got back to it to see if I can finish my MaxScript.
(01-10-2015, 11:22 PM)SovietSandvich9 Wrote: [ -> ]Huh, I wonder why I never thought of doing that, If I could switch the animation for Jack and rip him in t-pose that would make rigging the model a lot easier. But would it work for other existing models inside the game?
Probably, though it's not a very efficient way to rip the models. Unless you of course feel like replacing hundreds of animations ;v
If you want to play around with it, use this script on the dat files.
MDB are the model files, TPL are the texture containers and MOT are the animations.
Code:
# Game: Bayonetta First Climax (X360)

# by Fatduck    Oct 2009
# script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#quickbms

endian big

idstring "DAT\0"
get NUMRES long
get OFSRESLIST long
get OFSRESTYPELIST long      #no needed
get OFSRESNAMELIST long
get OFSSIZERESLIST long

goto OFSRESNAMELIST
get STGLEN long
savepos OFSRESNAMELIST

for i = 0 < NUMRES
  goto OFSRESLIST
  get OFSRES long
  savepos OFSRESLIST

goto OFSRESNAMELIST
  getdstring RESNAME STGLEN
  savepos OFSRESNAMELIST

goto OFSSIZERESLIST
  get SIZERES long
  savepos OFSSIZERESLIST

log RESNAME OFSRES SIZERES
next i
So the Bayonetta 1 demo uses the same model format as Madworld? Interesting.

Wonder why they changed the encryption and formatting for the final product...
(01-11-2015, 12:22 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]So the Bayonetta 1 demo uses the same model format as Madworld? Interesting.

Wonder why they changed the encryption and formatting for the final product...
Perhaps to improve performance.
Also the DAT files contain a lot of empty files, it's not an issue with the script.
[Image: eqC7p.png]
(01-12-2015, 02:51 PM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ][Image: eqC7p.png]

I am so hyped right now.
Does anyone know if this guy ever shows up ingame? Otherwise it could possibly be an early version of Jack's design.
(01-13-2015, 10:22 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if this guy ever shows up ingame? Otherwise it could possibly be an early version of Jack's design.

It's definitely a prototype Jack. Platinum usually leaves prototype content laying around unused in their final products.
(01-13-2015, 12:16 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2015, 10:22 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if this guy ever shows up ingame? Otherwise it could possibly be an early version of Jack's design.

It's definitely a prototype Jack. Platinum usually leaves prototype content laying around unused in their final products.
I see. The model in the picture has a different logo on his back compared to the final one. 
There's another Jack model that looks like the final design, except lower poly, which has the same logo on his back
Anyways the script should be done soon. Not sure if I can get the bones to work along with the proper weights for them but I'll manage.
Also auto texturing is implemented already.
(01-13-2015, 12:47 PM)SovietSandvich9 Wrote: [ -> ]Very impressive work so far, I'll see if I can get working on the other NPCs.
Also, do you still have that max script file? I got the script to work with quickbms.
I'm still in the progress of writing it, but it imports most models now.
Everyone's fav PIMP
Wha? Why was this cancelled?

I'd be willing to take over if you gave up.
Pages: 1 2