The VG Resource

Full Version: Is it possible to update a texture download?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am ripping some textures I want to upload, however due to my tool only ripping loaded textures, I would want to update the download if I find out my upload is incomplete. I want to get it up asap, I think I have all textures since I went into every level once, then as every player once, however I have not beaten the game, so there may be a final cutscene with more textures.
We have a revision feature now, so yes, it is possible.
(12-10-2014, 06:39 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]We have a revision feature now, so yes, it is possible.
Two more questions,
Is there a .zip size limit?
Can there be two listings of the same file with one being a torrent if the file is large, like 1gb?
Yes, there is a limit. It's relatively large so you shouldn't have a problem. As for your second question, no, that can't be accommodated. In a case like that, you'd need to split the archive into multiple parts and upload them as separate entries.
(12-11-2014, 09:49 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is a limit. It's relatively large so you shouldn't have a problem. As for your second question, no, that can't be accommodated. In a case like that, you'd need to split the archive into multiple parts and upload them as separate entries.

Would the limit be over a gigabyte? I have a file that I think is 900mb that I want to upload but different devices count size differently, like for example a gigabyte being either 1000 or 1024mb with both being technically correct.

P.S. Fix the texture entry for Sonic and All Stars Racint Transformed on pc. Only the first game was Sonic and SEGA all stars racing, with the sequal SaSRT having no "sega"
No, I believe that limit is 250 MB though we don't encourage trying to reach it.

As for your other point, good catch. I just looked it up and you're right - it's just Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I'll fix that now.
(12-11-2014, 10:32 AM)Telespentry Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2014, 09:49 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is a limit. It's relatively large so you shouldn't have a problem. As for your second question, no, that can't be accommodated. In a case like that, you'd need to split the archive into multiple parts and upload them as separate entries.

Would the limit be over a gigabyte? I have a file that I think is 900mb that I want to upload but different devices count size differently, like for example a gigabyte being either 1000 or 1024mb with both being technically correct.

P.S. Fix the texture entry for Sonic and All Stars Racint Transformed on pc. Only the first game was Sonic and SEGA all stars racing, with the sequal SaSRT having no "sega"

weird. when I tried to upload the file it told me the game has already been rejected when it already has a texture uploaded probably has to do with the file being too large since I did not see that latest reply yet, but the error would then be incorrect.
Yeah, I'm not sure why you would have seen that error. You're trying to submit a texture to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed or something else?
Ill split it into smaller files, like for instance the normal maps being separate because most people have no need for them.

(12-11-2014, 11:21 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm not sure why you would have seen that error. You're trying to submit a texture to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed or something else?

That one. Started the upload a few hours ago and just checked it now. Should I fix a texture that is split into multiple rows?
That was most likely due to the file size then. That large of a file probably just confused the script and it returned the wrong error message. Regardless though, the file is too large to upload individually.
(12-11-2014, 11:23 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]That was most likely due to the file size then. That large of a file probably just confused the script and it returned the wrong error message. Regardless though, the file is too large to upload individually.

should I upload a multi part rar or independant zips?
You can't upload a multi part RAR (or single part for that matter, ZIP only). If you have an archive that needs to be split, it needs to be uploaded as individual textures (i.e. Whatever Part 1/6, 2/6, etc.).
Why is it such a large zip? Blank
(12-11-2014, 01:25 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it such a large zip? Blank

Its every single texture in the game until I sort them
Sort them, then submit them. We wouldn't accept it if it contained everything.
Pages: 1 2