The VG Resource

Full Version: Lunatone & Solrock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making a Lunatone & Solrock sheet where they will be together
I am making it for an ssf2 expansion, but will probably later add more moves and splitting Lunatone and Solrock for separate sheets also

Heres what I've got so far:
[Image: lunatonesolrock1hm5.png]
[Image: lunatonesolrock2lb2.png]

and all animations can be found here:
http://ssf2expansion.yforum.biz/solo-exp...d-t388.htm
you pretty much copied and pasted the same sprite (or 2 sprites) for nearly every frame...with very minor and limited edits of course.

and the sprite itself needs a lot of work. the lines are pretty jagged and, well, he just looks like a torn up sheet of colored paper. (as in your shading doesn't give it a defined shape.

people who are new to spriting always seem to follow the same routine. they make one base sprite which needs work by itself; then they make an entire sheet out of it BEFORE getting criticism on the base sprite. and therefore the entire sheet is still very flawed, and making edits is tedious and boring; it usually never gets done. this is just something to keep in mind for the future.

And then there are the people who don't even listen to the criticism they receive, which is pretty much when they have unconsciously given up on spriting altogether. hopefully you're not that guy i just mentioned.
Pretty much what Dark said.

It's the same two sprites just rotated or slightly edited (erasing the face of Solrock) to make new poses.

The sprites themselves are pretty bad. Solrock is basically an MSPaint circle with the parts scribbled on using what looks like the line tool. The Lunatone is mirrored with slight edits.

And Solrock's lightsource changes when he goes to his "back" pose, since you just erased its face and flipped it.
actually, i did receive feedback on the sprites and it was all goodSurprise you guys are obviously tougher critics, but theres nothing wrong with thatTongueanyways, i think i will finish the sheet (i need to replace the explosion effects)
i was actually going to make more sprites for the spin effects, but i dont know how to add more frames for other stuff, because all they do is float around...

anyways, i have made other sprites that i could use some advice on before i continue
Toadsworth
[Image: toadsworthep7.png]
Cyndaquil
[Image: cyndaquil2zh7.png]
Some Effects (I'm trying to get good at effects and I want some help)
[Image: file.php?id=1433]