The VG Resource

Full Version: Need help with sprites from Desert Demolition for Sega Genesis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone help me with these sprites?:

[Image: need_help_with_canons.png]

I wanted to get the canons without Wile E.'s head popping out, but it seems impossible. Sad

I tried using the Gens11b emulator's Debugging VDP, but I could only get sprites of Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner. Sad I don't how to get the sprites for items and stuff.

Can anyone help out?
It'd be a great help if we knew the game and system.

Although, if you can't find them yourself, I don't think anyone else can. Chances are that Wile E.'s head is an actual part of the sprite, so you'll just have to edit him out (unless of course it's just for submitting to the site, in which case the cannon just doesn't exist on its own).
Desert Demolition for Sega Genesis
Got it here.
[Image: iG2Kh64687ddZ.png]
(11-17-2014, 09:53 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: [ -> ]Got it here.

Thanks, Shade. Smile I'll be sure to give you credit. Smile

BTW, you got a spriter tag credit thingy on you? Smile
(11-17-2014, 09:59 PM)LooneyTunerIan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2014, 09:53 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: [ -> ]Got it here.

Thanks, Shade. Smile I'll be sure to give you credit. Smile

BTW, you got a spriter tag credit thingy on you? Smile
I don't expect credit for something so small. Don't worry about it. Smile
That solves my cannon problem, but now I've got another problem:

[Image: need_help_with_catapult.png]

I was trying to get animations of the catapult, but whenever I get the chance of hopping on and getting launched, some of the parts get cut off. Sad

Unfortunately, my Gens11b emulator's Debugging VDP feature can only get sprites of Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner, not the other objects around them. Sad

I don't suppose you could help me out with the remainder of the catapult's animations, could you, Shade?
Yeah, why not, I'll post it some time later.
(11-18-2014, 02:33 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, why not, I'll post it some time later.

Thank you. Smile

If you want, you can reuse the catapult sprites I did for the complete animation. Smile

Just make sure the colors match though.
This is proving to be quite a bit more difficult than the cannon, and my unfamiliarity with YY-CHR isn't helping much. The bits and pieces being displayed make absolutely no sense to me trying to assemble them.

For anyone wanting to try, here's what I did.
  • Save a state of Desert Demolition (The third level is where the sprites are available, it's an easy game so that's no problem)
  • Open the state in YY-CHR
  • Set the graphics format to 4BPP MSX/MD/WSC
  • Pattern really doesn't matter in my opinion, as long as you can see where the catapult tiles are.
  • Assemble
If someone a bit more experienced with the program can take this up, that would be very appreciated. Unsure

Sorry dude.
No need to worry shade. Help is on the way!
Could you PM me the savestate please?
I have so experience with YY CHR so it shouldn't be hard for me Smile

EDIT: Quick thought: do you have a savestate i could use?
(11-20-2014, 10:41 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]This is proving to be quite a bit more difficult than the cannon, and my unfamiliarity with YY-CHR isn't helping much. The bits and pieces being displayed make absolutely no sense to me trying to assemble them.

For anyone wanting to try, here's what I did.

• Save a state of Desert Demolition (The third level is where the sprites are available, it's an easy game so that's no problem)
  • Open the state in YY-CHR
  • Set the graphics format to 4BPP MSX/MD/WSC
  • Pattern really doesn't matter in my opinion, as long as you can see where the catapult tiles are.
  • Assemble
If someone a bit more experienced with the program can take this up, that would be very appreciated. Unsure

Sorry dude.
That's ok, you tried your best.

Maybe Nate'll help out. Smile

How about if you can help me with something else I couldn't get to sprite:
[Image: need_help_with_teeter-totter.png]

I tried to get this teeter-totter sprited, but Wile E. Coyote and the boulder got in the way sadly and I couldn't find a way to get them off. Sad 

Could you maybe help me out with the teeter-totter sprites? Smile 
I can see what i can do, but can you PM me ROM please?
I can probably go from there but if you could PM me the ROM that would help out tremendously.
Nate, for the last time, don't request illegal copies of games. Seriously.
Good news! Big Grin

I finally got the complete animation of the catapult! Big Grin

All I need help with now is the teeter-totter. Smile That's the only thing left.
Pages: 1 2