The VG Resource

Full Version: [Wii] Gintama Yorozuya Chuubu Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had numerous issues with this game and i want to be able to just rip the characters from this game so i can use it on at least GTA San andreas. are the models compressed? i know dolphin can rip it but my concern is there a way to convert it to a obj to a DFF of some sort? there is this guy who ripped numerous models from it and he wont let anyone download them at all until this day. i have Hijikata Toushirou but thats all i can get out of it Sad what you think??? Unsure
What file format do the models use? Could you post an example file?
(11-14-2014, 12:15 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]What file format do the models use? Could you post an example file?

they come in a .PAC file. but i think it can be ripped using 3DRipper DX or something.
One of us here may be able to extract that .pac file.

Otherwise, you could use DXRipper / NinjaRipper or 3DRipperDX. However, it may not rip them in their default pose, so you may need to manually alter the mesh in order to put them in a T-pose or normal standing position. (That's what I've been doing with the Cel Damage characters)
(11-18-2014, 12:48 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]One of us here may be able to extract that .pac file.

Otherwise, you could use DXRipper / NinjaRipper or 3DRipperDX. However, it may not rip them in their default pose, so you may need to manually alter the mesh in order to put them in a T-pose or normal standing position. (That's what I've been doing with the Cel Damage characters)

I'll give that a try hopefully.
I think I have a model of a character from that game to test... But I must tell you I cannot open it.

Simply it's just a BRMDLZ file. Some kind of BRRES variation that is supported by the BRRES viewer, but once I try to load it, the program freezes and I have no choice but to close it by the typical CTRL+ALT+DELETE trick... I have the model of Sadaharu and I will give it to you. Give it a try and let's pray if you can convert it into DAE or wathever the file you can export as... And if you succeed at that hard task, I will give you the rest of character models. Ok?

Here it is... and please. once you succeed at converting it into a DAE file or any other format that supports rigging. please send it to me in PM. ok?

thanks in advance and good luck.
you'll gonna need it.  Cry
i just looked through that file format... it uses LZS compression like most wii games uses, but its a different compression that doesnt want to open in BRRES viewer or brawlbox. I'll talk to the BB maker/coder and see if he can make an exception with adding this format into brawlbox.

edit:
searched more into it with the help of the BB maker, and it is a compressed LZSS with huffman compression alongside with it. There is no way to get it uncompressed and opened in any program. It's also one of the most secret MDL0's also which is Version7.

So your best bet is to use ninja ripper, or 3D RipperDX just to get the models.
You could always try a memory dump. That'll almost-always get the original files uncompressed.
How to memory dump
Note that you should do that while the game is running and the character you want to rip is loaded on-screen.
You could use this script to extract the brres files from the dump file, requires Python though.
Otherwise just compress the DMP file (preferably ultra compression eg 7z) and upload it here.
(11-19-2014, 05:03 AM)LTGE Wrote: [ -> ]How to memory dump
Note that you should do that while the game is running and the character you want to rip is loaded on-screen.
You could use this script to extract the brres files from the dump file, requires Python though.
Otherwise just compress the DMP file (preferably ultra compression eg 7z) and upload it here.

Sounds too complicate for me to do that stuff, specially concerning python, and knowing this relation to Blender... So I prefer to let others do this... Anyway doing a memory dump might help me with certain wii isos where the models I didn't rip by other ways... Thanks TGE, I will try it even if I am a total noob using Blender.  Shy

Edit: what? But it's... So easy to make a dump... The only thing I found too hard is to use a python script... Maybe a YouTube tutorial may be my best option to learn how to do it.
I hope to try it since I own the Gintama ISO. I'll let you know the progress when I finally succeed at ripping. Thanks a lot.

Edit2: I tried everything I could to make it possible... I created the dump file of Dolphin.
I installed both versions of Python (2.7 and 3.4) I loaded the script on both IDLE versions... and on both I've found the same problem
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python34\BressDump.py", line 3, in <module>
from tkFileDialog import askopenfilename
ImportError: No module named 'tkFileDialog'"
My only 1 question is just like this in 5 simple words...
What should I do???

Becuz I was desperated just to get Sadaharu model... I tried everything possible... It seems that the mentioned thFileDialog module isn't there... What the -censored- is THAT?... What should I do to get my Sadaharu model?... Just answer me... and how can I help to get the models that Hazuki320 wanted so badly? I think that I need a teacher to tell me how to use everything of Python/Ruby language and comprehending why this script is useless to rip models from this ISO in particular.

I ran out of hopes again, like happened with 3DS games... and it's just the only thing that makes me the most useless of all... I quit... Sad
(11-20-2014, 08:57 PM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2014, 05:03 AM)LTGE Wrote: [ -> ]How to memory dump

Sounds too complicate for me to do that stuff, specially concerning python, and knowing this relation to Blender... So I prefer to let others do this... Anyway doing a memory dump might help me with certain wii isos where the models I didn't rip by other ways... Thanks TGE, I will try it even if I am a total noob using Blender.  Shy

Edit: what? But it's... So easy to make a dump... The only thing I found too hard is to use a python script... Maybe a YouTube tutorial may be my best option to learn how to do it.
I hope to try it since I own the Gintama ISO. I'll let you know the progress when I finally succeed at ripping. Thanks a lot.

Edit2: I tried everything I could to make it possible... I created the dump file of Dolphin.
I installed both versions of Python (2.7 and 3.4) I loaded the script on both IDLE versions... and on both I've found the same problem
"Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Python34\BressDump.py", line 3, in <module>
   from tkFileDialog import askopenfilename
ImportError: No module named 'tkFileDialog'"
My only 1 question is just like this in 5 simple words...
What should I do???

Becuz I was desperated just to get Sadaharu model... I tried everything possible... It seems that the mentioned thFileDialog module isn't there... What the -censored- is THAT?... What should I do to get my Sadaharu model?... Just answer me... and how can I help to get the models that Hazuki320 wanted so badly? I think that I need a teacher to tell me how to use everything of Python/Ruby language and comprehending why this script is useless to rip models from this ISO in particular.

I ran out of hopes again, like happened with 3DS games... and it's just the only thing that makes me the most useless of all... I quit... Sad

i appreciate the sadaharu model but i just wanted the shinsengumi characters like Kondou Isao and the rest of the force besides Hijikata since i have him already by someone.
Try uploading the dump here, I'll look at it. (Please compress it Wink)
(11-21-2014, 06:41 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]Try uploading the dump here, I'll look at it. (Please compress it Wink)

I cannot send it... it weights over 790MB... I dumped Dolphin 4.0 32 bit... becuz 64 bit crashes on windows 7. What can I do?... Memory dumping sucks...  Cry
(11-21-2014, 01:47 PM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2014, 06:41 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]Try uploading the dump here, I'll look at it. (Please compress it Wink)

I cannot send it... it weights over 790MB... I dumped Dolphin 4.0 32 bit... becuz 64 bit crashes on windows 7. What can I do?... Memory dumping sucks...  Cry

i was able to rip from a PC game called Hinokakera chaotic eclipse with ninja ripper and save it as OBJ files with 3DS Max 2010 but im not sure how will Ninja Ripper will work with gintama.
(11-21-2014, 01:47 PM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]

I made a quickbms script to dump the brres files.
http://puu.sh/d0Tta.bms
Get quickbms, and use this script on the dump file
Pages: 1 2