The VG Resource

Full Version: FP ATTEMPTS to Start scratching.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After that Fiasco of a thread I had previosly, I decided to start getting better at scratch spriting.

I'm starting of by doing something simple, I'm working on making Yami, Okami's Final boss, in ZX style. From scratch.

Yes I know right now It's just a circle, but I'm working on it.

Edit: Right now, some suggestions on what I should start with on Yami would be very nice.

Really, you started with a very simple subject matter, in fact one of the simplest I've ever SEEN in terms of basic shapes, and you don't know where to start?

Pixelarts should be treated like traditional art. For now, since you've done effectively nothing worth noting, I suggest you try. Start where you think is best to start, make some real progress. Post it, we'll crit, and then you learn a bit more. Rinse-repeat until you're personally satisfied that you can do no better.
ZX style??? good luck with that.
start on something like 8-bit
...Am I the only one who thinks 8-Bit Style is hard?
yes you are
Back on topic.. Cry

Uh. It's a ball. A big ball. ... I think you should start... DOING something instead of showin' us a lineart of a ball. A ball that may or may not be either a trace of an MS Paint circle.

By the way, that ball is too big for ZX style.
@Zee: I meant what should I start on? The markings? the Shading?
@xTyvonx: I been spriting ZX style for 2 years now, it's not that hard.
@Geo: What size would you suggest would be apropriate?
I've never played Okami, so I honestly wouldn't know. I'd think it can't be any bigger than the final bosses of ZX and ZXA though. Maybe around Bifrost's size?
Why would you post a circle lineart, what kind of crit were you expecting?

Start on ANYTHING and when you post it here, we'll tell you what needs fixing.
Whoa that is one impressive circle!
Hey guys remember when someone posted a "planet lineart" in the lineart topic?

Those were fun times.
(10-16-2008, 09:55 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]...Am I the only one who thinks 8-Bit Style is hard?

no
I'm here
(10-16-2008, 09:55 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]...Am I the only one who thinks 8-Bit Style is hard?

Am I the only one who thinks 8-bit is not a style?

Anyway, just start wherever you feel most comfortable and show us once you have something worth showing.
8-bit styles*

And yes you are.