The VG Resource

Full Version: HTH to extract Wii character to UE4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't have 3ds max or maya like I want because they're just too expensive. So can someone tell me how to extract a Wii game character from the wbfs or the iso I made from that, into UE4 or some other high quality free or low-cost 3D model program?

Edit: this is not a super smash brothers game.
for this console I usually use 3DVIA printscreen to extract models of the wii, but I need 3d studio max 2009 with a plugin called "Koichi Senada" to convert OBJ, because files that 3DVIA converts are "XML", might be another way to convert the "XML" file in another program.
Quote:I don't have 3ds max or maya like I want because they're just too expensive.

Autodesk has a student version of the programs that you can download off their site. Or, you could get them the "other" way.
Do you have a link to the plug in? I searched for it but all I found was people mentioning it, I didn't find anywhere to actually download it.

I tried the free student download for several of their products first but they would never download. I think the company did it on purpose to inconvenience Firefox users. After that I tried the "other" way but I couldn't get a working crack. Then I installed Chrome and tried downloading the free student versions again and they downloaded fine but when I started to install they said "Green checkmark, this product is already installed!" So it was a total dead end.

I'm currently working on the 2009 version sendew mentioned. If it works I'll let you guys know and hopefully be able to get a link to that plugin.

Edit: It worked!