The VG Resource

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance model ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my friend and i have been interested in ripping from KH 3D for very long and after hearing the story of 3DS rips we decided to give it a shot. we've gotten close to the models but we have run into some problems and decided to look here for help

we had someone decrypt the rom (private message me if you're interested in it)

then extracted the .rbin files using this tool http://www.mediafire.com/download/7lmjjl..._v0.01.rar more info on it can be found here http://www.gbarl.it/index.php?showtopic=...try1303908

inside the .rbin files were the following files types
.pmo (assumed to be models)
.pam (assumed to be animation)
.ead (?)
(theres a few others but these are the most interesting ones i think)
these seem to be the same formats as KH: BBS used but none of those extractors work. i'd assume that it is because either i made some mistake in extracting them or the format has been updated or changed so the extractors don't work

so i'm here to ask if anyone can help 'cause i'm all out of ideas. there are 11 sample files that can be downloaded here http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zldte...amples.zip
AWESOME!!!. I was about to make ripping from kingdom hearts 3ds game, but I was unable to do it, due for the troubles I had on previous attempts with 2 other roms, and you went even further than I expected by finding a tool, and use it to get the file formats.

You have no idea of how happy I am by knowing this, sadly I'm a total noob at this, I hope you finally get the help needed for the models to be converted into DAE.
Took a cursory look at the files, seems they're compressed.
What about the texture files, *.ctt I presume, can they be read?
No one can read these files (for now), so I hope someone able to contact with the people [who created KH: BBS extract tools] and let them check on these files.
(11-12-2014, 04:56 PM)Shard of Truth Wrote: [ -> ]What about the texture files, *.ctt I presume, can they be read?

i think they may be .tm2 as thats what BBS used. according to what i read the .tm2 files are in the pmo with the model data so i can't get the textures either. this is where i found the info on the BBS models http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4501&f=16
I haven't found a .tm2 file yet, it seems to be .ctt for all of them.
(11-16-2014, 04:03 PM)Shard of Truth Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't found a .tm2 file yet, it seems to be .ctt for all of them.

i think you might be right because i just looked here http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9884 and it seems someone else looked at them and they are .ctt. might i ask how you got them though 'cause i don't see them in what i've extracted. i think we should keep an eye on that xentax forum because it seems like they are making some progress
As long as you get it to work... NP... Anyway... I will not try the Xentax stuff... becuz they decided to NOT make any model ripping from any game that has any copyright stuff...Which is ALL GAMES... (Maybe the only thing I'm happy with their new rules... is the TOTAL PROHIBITION OF NUDITIES), So... My plan to send them Toriko Gourmet Survival models, as well as Sadaharu's from Gintama of nintendo Wii, or other similar stuff... is impossible... and BTW Noesis will not be updated to support other model formats due for that and MR Adults (Creator of Noesis program) changed his website to another URL... Sad

those are the reasons... I decided to return here... Even if Noesis was the best model ripping of all... it finally became obsolete and now every update it has, only have bug fixes, and there will be no more support for any new model formats... and NIF formats from games like Atlantica Online and Shin Megami Tensei Imagine aren't supported yet. Sad
(11-20-2014, 10:35 PM)Farlavor Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you get it to work... NP... Anyway... I will not try the Xentax stuff... becuz they decided to NOT make any model ripping from any game that has any copyright stuff...Which is ALL GAMES... (Maybe the only thing I'm happy with their new rules... is the TOTAL PROHIBITION OF NUDITIES), So... My plan to send them Toriko Gourmet Survival models, as well as Sadaharu's from Gintama of nintendo Wii, or other similar stuff... is impossible... and BTW Noesis will not be updated to support other model formats due for that and MR Adults (Creator of Noesis program) changed his website to another URL... Sad

those are the reasons... I decided to return here... Even if Noesis was the best model ripping of all... it finally became obsolete and now every update it has, only have bug fixes, and there will be no more support for any new model formats... and NIF formats from games like Atlantica Online and Shin Megami Tensei Imagine aren't supported yet. Sad

For NIF format models I would suggest using 3ds max 2012 nif tools
Found here btw
requires an account to download though and to be honest it's easier if you did.
I'm very close to reversing the PMO format, I will have an exporter done in a few more days Smile
oh... nice... at least after quitting from Gintama Wii game model ripping... at least there's a little glimpse of hope... I'll wait for your achievement. I'm counting on you AD.
(11-22-2014, 03:28 AM)AnonymousDonator Wrote: [ -> ]I'm very close to reversing the PMO format, I will have an exporter done in a few more days Smile

thats amazing
i'm looking forward to it Big Grin
(11-22-2014, 03:28 AM)AnonymousDonator Wrote: [ -> ]I'm very close to reversing the PMO format, I will have an exporter done in a few more days Smile

Still wondering is there any progress on reversing PMO files?
(I'm looking forward too Cute )
(12-23-2014, 02:20 AM)Pickkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Still wondering is there any progress on reversing PMO files?
(I'm looking forward too  Cute )

I managed to get a decrypted rom of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance... but since I'm bad at reversing any format (although I have no idea of how to do that, and I cannot understand hex editing), I can't do anything. so I'm still waiting for A.D. to achieve succesfully that task, but it seems that he isn't doing anything, or at least we don't notice anything new and this post will somehow end too old, and even worse, forcing us to bump it or necroposting...  Cry
Pages: 1 2