The VG Resource

Full Version: Dreamcast model ripping question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all , I just have a few questions about dreamcast model ripping and viewing I'm very new to it all but I can't find a decent place that talks about it very much , some say it's possible but hard , some say it works but you have to inflate certain models , what software do I need to use to rip and view the models ? and will they be fully skinned ? or will they just be blank white 3d models ?

The main models I'm after are from Illbleed , Blue stinger and D2 if anyone on here could help me or even if you already have the models ripped and lying around somewhere would it be possible to share them on the website ?

even a push is the right direction would be greatly Appreciated , if it's even possible , I saw some screen shots of 3d sonic models from the adventure games and a shenmue video talking about how they used the models from the game.

And I found an old post on here wit this image of Eriko from Illbleed but that's all I could find on the whole internet.

[attachment=4891]
The model formats for Dreamcast games differ from game to game. If you don't want to learn (or can't learn) how to make a model importing/converting script, then you could always use a model capturing program (like 3DRipperDX or DXRipper / Ninja Ripper) on a DC emulator.
(11-03-2014, 11:57 AM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]The model formats for Dreamcast games differ from game to game. If you don't want to learn (or can't learn) how to make a model importing/converting script, then you could always use a model capturing program (like 3DRipperDX or DXRipper / Ninja Ripper) on a DC emulator.

I tried doing that with nulldc but it crashed when I tried to used the 3D Ripper DX with it for some reason.
should I try that other dreamcast emulator ?
Dead or alive 2 export models please ?