The VG Resource

Full Version: hi I have a hat and I can walk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: zk0d4n.gif]
Looks weird how his body rotates but his legs stay at the same angle.

Maybe make his body stay in place but make his arms move and have him go up and down slightly? Or something.
Feet animation is great, but arms and body look too stiff even though they move, make them move to back and forward...
The body doesn't need to tilt back and forth. And the arms need a smooth consistent motion.
Hat doesn't appear to change angle as he turns his head.. Thea angle of the bill should definitely change as he turns.

...If you wanna learn about hats in depth, why not play a game where EVERYONE has a hat/head ornament! Scarlet Weather Rhapsody!
(10-15-2008, 09:16 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Hat doesn't appear to change angle as he turns his head.. Thea angle of the bill should definitely change as he turns.

...If you wanna learn about hats in depth, why not play a game where EVERYONE has a hat/head ornament! Scarlet Weather Rhapsody!

You're really pushin' that game, eh? : p

Anyway, you're right about the hat, but I'm gonna get rid of the turn, so I don't have to worry about it.
When I saw it looked like a LEGO character....
Looks like he's looking around while walking...
One thing I learnt while studying animation is when we walk our arms makes the opposite moviment of our legs. So if the right leg is to the front, the right arm is going to be going to the back, while the left arm is coming to the front and the left leg is going to back. Gog, sounds complicated, but is really simple. Just check out some sprite sheets, it's not that hard to figure out.
[Image: 2n9z806.gif]

Not entirely realistic but it's the kind of personality I'm going for.

EDITO: Lego..?
the body is too rigid
make the bottom of the shirt move
it looks like he's wearing a wooden plank under his shirt
Have his shirt flow with his pants. You dig?
I'll try.
So, uh, I don't know how I would make his shirt move naturally
He needs a crotch.
yeah
give him a crotch
and make the shirt move forward and back on top of his legs
Pages: 1 2 3