The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Awesome MMX stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some are edits

Some, Recolors

Others, from scratch

Let me know what you think Smile

[attachment=4846]
Not trying to sound rude, but nobody cares for recolors of a sprite you didn't make, so don't bother posting those. As for the edits and scratch ones, mind labeling and describing them some? The ride armors look like you just put heads on them, and the rest, I don't know what's scratch or just heavily edited. The sheet's kind of a jumbled mess with no rhyme or reason. Each sprite shoul have its own sheet with a short description so people know what to look for. Also, attachments are frowned on by most; it's better to link to the image directly with IMG tags.
Not sure what the issue is with an attatchment file.

Also, I agree with the recolours. I don't care for them much either.

I'll simplify the file even further, I guess not EVERYONE is familiar with MMX sprites.
Attachments used to be discouraged because when they were inserted into posts, people had to download them.

However, now that the forum software has been updated and you can effectively insert them into posts as actual images without needing to download them (which Dragon_Throne has done correctly), we now actually encourage them because the site doesn't need to pull information from external websites.
Ah, I wasn't aware they'd been updated; I just figured my browser was viewing them directly instead of making me save them first.

As for the sheet, looks better after being organized. I think the scratch sprites fit well with the MMX style, so I'd love to see more of those. After comparing the ride armor edits more closely, I see you put more effort into them than I originally noticed, and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh about that.

Keep it up!
At first(without reading the scratch thing) I thought the scratch sprites came from the official games, until I realized that those enemies weren't in the SNES games! The edits would also fit in MMX perfectly, so all I can really say is that these are really great and I would like to see more.
@Midi- No worries, mate. Constructive criticism is always welcome

Thanks for the support! I'll hopefully have more to show soon.
Custom Vile sprite.

It ended up looking a lot like MMX3 Vile's sprite set.

I'll try to come up with something new.
The customs look pretty good, but fairly jagged. They need to be smoothed out. The ride armor edits are pretty good though.
A new enemy update

sort of a MMX 4-6 reference