The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania Lament of Innocence models help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greatings after several attempts of ripping models from the It finally worked using the ripping ps2 tutorial I somewhat ripped leons model the promplem some parts of hus mesh are invisible maybe the backface culling either I shall post pictures and hope someone can help I have just posted pictures
any help?
IS no one Willing Too Help?
I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before. Mind sending me the Snapshot obj of that so I can take a look?
Hey sorry for the late response i have sent you a message
Alright, I took a look at all of them. 
The way it looks in you viewport is probably because you have the setting on shaded, though this game does use backface culling on any obj the does not use double sides. This meas stuff like his cape, hair, and the cuffs on his boots/gloves will rip properly, but the rest of his model that does not have that will use backface culling.
[Image: VkDmBd6.png]
(10-15-2014, 09:04 AM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I took a look at all of them. 
The way it looks in you viewport is probably because you have the setting on shaded, though this game does use backface culling on any obj the does not use double sides. This meas stuff like his cape, hair, and the cuffs on his boots/gloves will rip properly, but the rest of his model that does not have that will use backface culling.
[Image: VkDmBd6.png]

Oh can you tell me how you did that I had on shaded but it didn't do anything mind helping on how to get it to work before I rip the model from different angles?
You mean fix the flipped faces? Just combine all the different mesh parts together and weld all the vertices together with a threshold of 0.001 then apply a Normal modifier and tick the Unify Normals option. I would recommend that you separate different parts of the mesh like gloves, skin, armor ect., first before doing that to get better results. Sometimes it doesn't always work right if you just weld the entire model together.
(10-15-2014, 02:21 PM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote: [ -> ]You mean fix the flipped faces? Just combine all the different mesh parts together and weld all the vertices together with a threshold of 0.001 then apply a Normal modifier and tick the Unify Normals option. I would recommend that you separate different parts of the mesh like gloves, skin, armor ect., first before doing that to get better results. Sometimes it doesn't always work right if you just weld the entire model together.

Is there any other way of getting hold of these models am simply curious about that
If you are able to get the files from the game, then you can try asking here
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/page/messages/home