The VG Resource

Full Version: Nate's Little Mash Of Pixels(Need Crit)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I drew Kirbeh.  If you like tell meh.

Okay Joking Aside tho,  I made these in Good ol' Aseprite.  I think they're alright, but I'm kinda.....Not good at it I suppose.

You are the experts with this sort of thing.
Okay does anybody here think I'm good at this sort of thing?
He looks like a melting blob. Kirby has a round physique.
Is this better per chance?
Where to begin? Well, first, he's an oblong octagon instead of a circle, and the way his cheek blush lines up wiht his mouth in the lower frames makes it look like he's wearing a hockey mask. Then there's the coloring; hardly any of it is pink, and the hues are so varied that his body looks more like it's made of some kind of refractive crystal than a soft, pink, fleshy, um... bubble gum? Balloon? Um... hey, guys? What is Kirby made out of?... Kirbidium! He doesn't look like he's made of kirbidium! The first two poses, I'm not even sure what he's supposed to be doing. You should try doing a basic standing pose before doing any action poses.

[EDIT]
Looks like you updated while I was replying. The colors are better now, but the shape still needs to be rounder.
3rd times a charm eh?
Kirby is basically a sphere/circle with lil nubby arms and feet. Your angles are a bit too hard.
How's This?
The one thing that's bugging me most is that his left arm (his right) is rectangular. Definitely fix that. :o
This Should Do it
There's also some weird banding around the top of his head. Among other things like his arm connecting to his head has a flat line running on it. Definitely, make that round.
Well Today was Interesting.
I drew MORE Kirby
TBH, I think I'm having getting the correct circle shape. I think shading's good but as far as the Circle shape is concerned, I find it weird to draw really. At least with pixels.
Any hints? I'll try to get the correct shape but Help would be appreciated.
Still way too angular. You need to round him out. Also, unrelated to the sprite itself, but why is there so much white space?
Sorry for disappearing for a while there, Motivation left me for a while. Hate it when that happens.
Anywho, Is it considered cheating to use the circle tool?
Because I used it.
Shading (In my opinion) is Better than the rest.
I think it's a winner.
The circle tool can sometimes create uneven curves, but it's not cheating. You'll just have to fix the curves by hand to get the best results. Moving on, the sprite looks much better now. The right arm (his right) looks a bit long compared to his left, and is still kind of squarish at the end, but you've gotten very close. The shading at the bottom is very badly banded; it should follow his entire shape instead of just following the bottom outline. Fix that, maybe increase the saturation a bit to make him look pinker, and you'll have a very nice Kirby.

[EDIT]
[Image: 2953.png]
Here, this image of Ball Kirby will help you with shading.
Pages: 1 2 3