The VG Resource

Full Version: The TSR Card game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know PTold had this, and i liked the concept, so i decided to start one here.

How the game is played
Each player has 40 cards in their deck - a good deck should probably be half characters, half other things like items and shit.

Players draw 7 cards to start and place a character card, face down in the centre of... well... wherever they're playing.

Once both happy with their choice they turn the cards over and take turns drawing cards an battling. Each card has an Attack > Def > Speed.

A player can attack the other player's card and the battle is figured out thusly:

Attacking card's attack > Defending card's defence = Attacker wins
Attacking card's attack < Defending card's defence = Defender wins
Attacking card's attack = Defending card's defence = Goes to speed

Once a player has had 5 characters killed, or has no characters in his / her hand to play the game is over. A player can only battle using a character 3 times, after that, they must discard it even if they win their last battle. however, there are other cards that can affect the game...

Character Cards
The main cards to worry about, they do all the bidding. Characters should be people from TSR (like yourselves) or characters from games (but not obscure ones, and not lame fan characters)

One Use Powerups
These can be used once to boost the power of a card, but they can also weaken cards, so think carefully about how you play them. After the turn they are used, they must be discarded.

Area Cards
You can have one area card on your side of the playing field at a time, however, they aren't removed until you play another area card, or they are destroyed with a tech card. They work pretty much the same as power ups though - heightening and lowering stats.

Tech Cards
Tech Cards affect the mechanics of the game, like drawing cards or instant deaths, but do not actually effect the stats of characters.

-----------------------------

Making The Cards:

Make cards for the game! Characters can have 8 points spread between their stats (even though the example has 9)

Resources:

Templates 1
Character Design
Power up design
Area design
Tech Design

Font

i will clean up the rules a bit if this gets a big enough response.
you'd probably have to add more rules, the one at PT was hella organized iirc
i'll start cleaning up the rules if this gets more support
I'd support this, if the designs and templates didn't look so bland.
Agreeing with Geo; the cards right now look like a lesser version of Koopaul's Mario cards.
suggestions on how exactly to improve them?
spice them up, obvs.
A bit shading would be good
The shading... and is there a certain style for this?
I support this. I agree that the templates need spicing up.
I might want to try this again.. but the template can use some work.
(10-14-2008, 02:38 PM)witw Wrote: [ -> ]Character Cards
The main cards to worry about, they do all the bidding. Characters should be people from TSR (like yourselves) or characters from games (but not obscure ones, and not lame fan characters)
Two things.

1. I can live with the no fan characters bit but why not obscure ones? And how would you define obscure for this?

2. Does it have to be a character that mostly belongs to gaming (like Mario, Sonic, Solid Snake, etc.) or can it include characters from licensed games (D&D, movies, comic books, etc.)?
(10-15-2008, 09:42 PM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]The shading... and is there a certain style for this?

I meant some shading on the cards, since there is none.
(10-16-2008, 01:26 AM)KillerAslox Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2008, 09:42 PM)Perigi Wrote: [ -> ]The shading... and is there a certain style for this?

I meant some shading on the cards, since there is none.

I know that, my post was CC and a question
crap, I wanted to do this

I'd support/run/do whatever. I like organizing crap like this.
Pages: 1 2