The VG Resource

Full Version: Club Penguin: Game Day! Model Ripping Project - Operation: Preservation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a thread for ripping the models for Club Penguin: Game Day! for the Nintendo Wii. Part of the Operation: Preservation project.

Things that need to be ripped:
  • The penguins (with their colors, accesories and everything).
  • Famous penguins (if you find unused penguins, please tell me).
  • Puffles (all 8 colors in the game).
  • Locations (self-explanatory).
  • Other stuff (Snowballs, other creatures, mini game specific objects, etc).

Seriously, if someone wants to help me, please tell me...

For more info, check out this video:
So... I finally got the game on ISO... Now lets start finding those files!!!
So I finnally extracted the penguin models, but this error happened when opening the .brres file into BrawlBox:

[attachment=4811]

It seems that the penguin and puffle models have a very particular set up of models... This will require a lot of help...

[attachment=4812]
You just need to export each part and merge them by importing them.
The error doesn't really mean anything, by the way.
Can I merge them in BrawlBox? The BRRES Viewer crashes when opening the decompressed BRRES files its maybe for that error.
(10-08-2014, 11:05 PM)Kurabupengin Wrote: [ -> ]Can I merge them in BrawlBox? The BRRES Viewer crashes when opening the decompressed BRRES files its maybe for that error.

I'm not saying you can't but it's easier to just export the meshes and import them into your program of choice.
[attachment=4871]

Heres my progress. I'm just testing with a normal penguin. The eye's bones are weird, but I managed to move them into the right place.
The weirder part is that the mouth's textures are white, but they are actually yellow, and theres no red part in the texture but in the game there is a red part... hmm...
I finnally finished ripping my test penguin... but unfortunately, I can't import the bones for some reason... dammit. 3DS Max is so hard to use!!!
how we get the cp models?