The VG Resource

Full Version: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (&general Touhou Topic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay, okay, check this out. What the butt is Touhou?

It's a series of vertical curtain-fire shooters created by some Japanese guy who goes around callin' himself ZUN. Its made of horrible art and impossible gameplay. And that's why it's awesome. Oh, yeah. It's also known for having an asston of characters for a standard arcade shooter. That's also why it's awesome.

Okay, what the butt is Scarlet Weather Rhapsody?
It's the latest fighting game in the Touhou series, after Immaterial and Missing Power. Yeah. Fighting. Not only is it a shooter, but it has fighting games too. How wicked is that? He doesn't make them alone though. A company called Tasogare Frontier actually makes them. So it's got way better art than the normal games. These guys are also the same people who made Eternal Fighter Zero. Good games, good guys. They got a buncha other stuff, so check them out if you get the chance, but that's not what this topic is about okay.

Since it seems a few people actually know what the hell I'm talking about, I decided to go ahead and raise Touhou awareness, yanno? Plus, I wanna get some more people on SWR cause it's boring playing the same people over and over again, and wait this isn't about me--anyway.

There's the wiki and stuff for SWR and the Touhou series in general. Actually, here's a better wiki that actually is devoted to the game. For all you people who don't know what the hell I'm talkin' about, go check those places out already. I don't have time to explain EVERYTHING, yanno?

THAT SAID.

For people who do know what i'm talkin' about, or if you're interestin' in pickin' up the Touhou games. There's a wonderful site called Doujinstyle that hosts about all of the games, the music, fan-arranges, and all that good stuff. Real good site. Check it out for more than just Touhou. ... When it's actually back up. So if anyone is actually interested in picking up the games, I have all of the Windows games, and I wouldn't be completely opposed to uploading them. Just ask. Or better yet, check the bottom of this post. And it's back up. Okay, back to the point...

SWR is the latest Touhou fighter. In it, you get to play as a bunch of different girls who can fly around, shoot you with bullets called "danmaku" or just kick your ass. It has some similarity to the shooting games, because of all the bullet patterns flyin' around. Though you can just fly through em, but it's still your basic 2D fighter. Point is, this game is FUN. So go GET IT. And even better yet, it has NETPLAY. So, what are you waiting for? Stop reading this text wall and GET THE GAME.

Please use this topic to talk about Touhou, SWR, and IaMP if you're still playin' that.

...For anyone who already has SWR, I wouldn't mind playin' you. Just ask. I might be a bit busy, but... I'll see if i can make time for a few rounds, yeah? Thing is, I can't host so, yeah.

p.s. I know there's already a touhou topic somewhere on this board, but i didn't feel like bumping it. SHAW.

p.s.s. here's a few SWR vids to try 'n catch your interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OrDfbZLYGM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYN2FpueQTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BnMkaBhJZg

p.s.s.s. make sure you have version 1.06, the latest, so there's no/less problems, k?

TL;DR: SWR is a computer fighting game. Go try it.

EDIT: Uploaded games:
TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
TH07: Perfect Cherry Blossom
TH10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody v1.06

EDIT'S EDIT:
All games here. If downloads too slow, please try the megauploads.
I'm interested now - I'm going to try downloading it now.
Awesome~ Hope you like it~
Ah, yes. Touhou -- one of my favourite series of shoot-em-ups (alongside the Parodius series and a couple of others). Tasofro's games are nice, too.

I'm still not nearly skilled enough to complete the Extra stages, even though I've unlocked them in Lotus Land Story, The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Imperishable Night. I guess I'll have to keep on trying, then. Tongue
I hear practicing (and getting ass-handed) on Lunatic helps you get better faster. Good luck~
(10-16-2008, 10:14 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I hear practicing (and getting ass-handed) on Lunatic helps you get better faster. Good luck~
I think the farthest I've managed to get to in Lunatic (in any game) was Stage 3... I'll keep that in mind, though, even if I'm never going to be able to complete the game on that difficulty setting.
Since it seems the Doujinstyle servers are slow as hell, I'm takin' the liberty to upload my own copy of SWR to megaupload, so you can get it faster. It'll be the current version + an english weather patch. For now...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQ1HOP0N

...this would be version 1.0 of SWR. Get this if you haven't started a download already, and get the v1.6 patch from the SWR wiki.

EDIT: My upload is done. Get this now: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UWL1EVG0

Also, for anyone who's interested in the shooting games of the series, I suggest starting with Perfect Cherry Blossom, and move on from there.
Someone of a content bump. I uploaded Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, the first Touhou game on Windows, and placed it, and links to SWR and PCB, in the front post. Hopefully that will get some attention, and get you people trying this game...
You should probably link Doujinstyle seen as you mention them ;D?

Anyways, SWR is pretty awesome, though, at the moment I got back into Imperishable Night. Just doing all of the normal spellcards for Marisa solo so I can be raped attempt Fantasy Heaven in Last Word.

Spell Practice was awesome, ZUN should bring it back. >:
There's a character called Patchoulli Knowledge? For serious?

...I want. But the megaupload isn't working. ;o;
(10-29-2008, 08:40 PM)Emma Wrote: [ -> ]There's a character called Patchoulli Knowledge? For serious?

...I want. But the megaupload isn't working. ;o;
http://www.doujinstyle.com/touhougames.php

Should work fine. And yes. And Patchy's rape. Not as much as other Stage 4 bosses. But she is.
Not as i thought.
(10-29-2008, 01:03 PM)DarkOverord Wrote: [ -> ]You should probably link Doujinstyle seen as you mention them ;D?

I did originally. But the site had their stuff going down temporarily + the servers were extremely slow, so I removed the links. They're back, now though I'm not sure if their servers are fast again.

Oh, and for anyone who actually has the game and managed to play a bit: A little something for hosting netplay matches.

I can't host, and I'm not sure how to, so I can't really explainanything about that, besides by giving that picture. And it doesn't help that the SWR Wiki is down, too...

By the way, Overload. I wouldn't mind playing you sometime later today if you're up for it.
(10-30-2008, 07:50 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, Overload. I wouldn't mind playing you sometime later today if you're up for it.

My uni pretty much doesn't let me host >:
Aw, damn. Hopefully someone else has it by now...
Pages: 1 2 3 4