The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario Hoops 3 on 3 Pixel Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: mariohoops3on3pixelartbygitominoti.png]

Any suggestions? I know the flames aren't sprited. I don't know where to start and make it look good at the same time. If you'd like to take a shot at fixing any parts you see wrong, go right ahead.
I'd like it more if it wasn't a Pixel Over.

...Anyway, the shading is pretty interesting, and I love you did the lighting. On Mario's body and the basket ball anyway. As far as the flames go... It's hard for me to explain how to sprite flames. I'm not too good at that myself, but may I suggest to simply study flames?
Question:
Why would people use this, if they can use this?

???

What I'm saying is, what's the point of tracing an existing art? Would people actually use this?
tSR is full of traces, though. Maybe somebody is making a game or comic and wants pixel art instead of traditional art of the same image? I have no idea why that would happen, but it could. Plus, it's good shading practice.

I'm pulling these out of my ass, you see.
(10-13-2008, 07:51 PM)Teeks Wrote: [ -> ]tSR is full of traces, though. Maybe somebody is making a game or comic and wants pixel art instead of traditional art of the same image?
then they would simply resize the megaman/sonic/mario sprite they are using.
If it's practice, then it's practice, no need to submit.

But, I mean, when someone needs graphics, they're not going to TsR first; they're going to check google or yahoo, and I got that image on the first page. And if there are traces on TsR right now, then there's only one question: Who's responsible??? Angry

But seriously, I don't think there's any need for traces on TsR, unless you improve the original.