The VG Resource

Full Version: Izarck jitter sprite thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I decided giving up the o'l shit and start again.
Whatever.
Is this any good?
[Image: O6Ls0WV.png]
[Image: Mq5wiw5.png]
[Image: 4w52kM3.png]
*whew* where to start
well first off the proportions are pretty rancid, especially for the walking cycles in which he looks like he's slipping on a banana peel
the colors are waaaayyyy to vibrant. Contrast is a good thing, but when your character looks like a color wheel that's a different story.
Due to "pacman" being too small, it looks like the jaggies from his body form a lump on his head. That's never a good thing.
I'd say the best sprite here is the "tfr idle" stance, though his shoes look a bit bubbly tbh.

TL;DR, I'm guessing you're a beginner so there's a lot of errors, and I won't blame you. You'll get better if you keep practicing.
Thanks doc!
[Image: O6Ls0WV.png]
[Image: Mq5wiw5.png]
[Image: 4w52kM3.png]
Is this good?
... those are the exact same images from the exact same URL...
He edited the OP to only include the latest sprite.
Yours:[Image: xxL2CJk.gif]
Mine: [Image: 0NY2z2F.gif]

So basically I made his head bob by 1 pixel, and made the body match more closely to the sideways frames, and made the hands not change shape as much.

Your sprite is changing sizes and shapes really rapidly, and that causes a very "noisy" motion to the whole thing. On a side note, it still feels like your sprite is just sort of rotating side to side (and I don't really have much advice there) but I hope you can see the difference in my edit.

Edit: I am not sure I really improved anything about the body in that gif, and i guess the hands weren't that bad to begin with, but the head bob does help a lot still.
I have to say that the "bounce" edit gives it a more fluidic appearance. The original is just stiff and bland.
I am Back!
It's been some time isn't it?

Anyways,i have some apologises for my sudden disapear.
I adquired RPG Maker VX ace and got amazed for it.
Then i got busy with this Rpg Thing and forgot that i had a sprite topic.
I created a account at RPG Maker web forums and was doing requests for people who can't sprite,
So i decided to create my Izarck Jitter's Holder styled Animated Battlers workshop.
And i hope i can get some criticism on these 3:
They are meant to be:
Row 1:Idle
2:Block
3 Bad State
4 hurt
5 attack
6 item
7 special
8 magic
9 dash
10 dashback
11 win
12 enter battle
13 die
14 credit row.

Sora:
Keyblade edited from KingKirby's keyblade.
[Image: QtWIn9N.png]

Zachariah(Requester character)
[Image: ceGyEUU.png]

and X(Requester Character)
Block Barrier edited from Loydd Irving ripped sprites bt Smithy GCN
[Image: HaQwKw4.png]

I want criticism so i can improve.
Thanks for your time.
Why are some of the sprites blurry? I think you are attempting to do a dash, but in the world of pixel arts, using filters like that are not a good idea. In this particular case, it creates a lot of unnecessary colors for the palette and smears the sprite in a not so appealing way.
Thank you