The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello I'm JelloBoyInc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there! I'm here to introduce myself. I'm Tristan, or known by my username "JelloBoyInc". I am autistic, but I am proud for it. I'm also an artist and gamer.
I play Wii (not really), Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360 (not much), and OUYA games. I have a Youtube channel called TristanJelloBoy. I made lots of videos, which I thought was possibly horrible cause I did it when I was young. I wanted to do more, but my computer's hard drive got full, so I can't do anything computer related. I also have a deviantart account. It has some interesting and embarrassing art there. You should check it out.

I also have a project that I'm working on, but I can't tell you it cause the last time I posted something related to my project, I think I got suspended for a day for not meeting certain conditions/goals yet.

Anyway, I hope we can get along and be friends. Thank you for reading this topic.
Welcome to the forums, JelloBoyInc!

Enjoy your time here! Smile
(08-03-2014, 07:18 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums, JelloBoyInc!

Enjoy your time here! Smile

Thanks
Welcome to the Resource, JelloBoyInc! Hope you enjoy your stay Smile
Hello Jello.
Welcome to the forums, Jello! Rather than just leave it at that, I feel I must inform you about a tidbit in your introductory post that bothered me a good deal:

(08-03-2014, 07:06 PM)JelloBoyInc Wrote: [ -> ]I am autistic, but I am proud for it.

Drop this attitude, please. I know that sounded like it came out of the left field (and also probably sounded overly harsh), so let me explain real quick; being proud for having autism isn't unlike being proud for having green eyes or being proud for having naturally curly hair. Pride comes in many colours, but I've never heard of the autistic shade, and probably for good reason. In this day and age, having autism or aspergers is irrelevant to how good of a person you are, so try and refrain from bringing it up in situations like this, if that's alright Smile
(08-04-2014, 01:10 AM)Rystar Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums, Jello! Rather than just leave it at that, I feel I must inform you about a tidbit in your introductory post that bothered me a good deal:

(08-03-2014, 07:06 PM)JelloBoyInc Wrote: [ -> ]I am autistic, but I am proud for it.

Drop this attitude, please. I know that sounded like it came out of the left field (and also probably sounded overly harsh), so let me explain real quick; being proud for having autism isn't unlike being proud for having green eyes or being proud for having naturally curly hair. Pride comes in many colours, but I've never heard of the autistic shade, and probably for good reason. In this day and age, having autism or aspergers is irrelevant to how good of a person you are, so try and refrain from bringing it up in situations like this, if that's alright Smile

So what you're saying is you don't like people with autism?
(08-04-2014, 10:34 AM)JelloBoyInc Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2014, 01:10 AM)Rystar Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums, Jello! Rather than just leave it at that, I feel I must inform you about a tidbit in your introductory post that bothered me a good deal:

So what you're saying is you don't like people with autism?
I urge you to read his post again. He never said that.

In all truthfulness Rystar, all he said is that he was proud of it. I would understand if he brought it up all the time, or as an excuse, but we don't know he'll do that. JellyBoy likely thought it was some valid information needed to thoroughly introduce himself to the community, there's no problem in that.There's nothing wrong with being proud about a personal attribute.

I just feel that's an unnecessary thing to post in someones welcome thread.
I find this vaguely amusing because I was talking to Omnikariz over Skype yesterday, fearing that I would get responses exactly like this. I'd say "thanks for proving me right!!!!" as a joke, but I wouldn't want you guys to twist that into some egotistical boast or anything :/

(08-04-2014, 10:34 AM)JelloBoyInc Wrote: [ -> ]So what you're saying is you don't like people with autism?

Okay, now you're pushing it. Insulting you and other people who are autistic was the farthest thing from my mind when I wrote that post. Can you please show me where I implied this? I'm not seeing it, and that's probably because it's not there.

(08-04-2014, 11:49 AM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: [ -> ]I urge you to read his post again. He never said that.

In all truthfulness Rystar, all he said is that he was proud of it. I would understand if he brought it up all the time, or as an excuse, but we don't know he'll do that. JellyBoy likely thought it was some valid information needed to thoroughly introduce himself to the community, there's no problem in that.There's nothing wrong with being proud about a personal attribute.

I just feel that's an unnecessary thing to post in someones welcome thread.

The hypocrisy of telling someone to read something more clearly all the while taking my post at face value aside, I have dealt with JelloBoy prior to his welcome thread, and I do know of his attitude regarding his autism and his personal works. I don't feel comfortable elaborating on that, but I will say that much.

I'm a little bit shocked that people in this community would stoop to the levels of a SJW for the sake of political correctness. I'm aware that autism is a hot button issue for most people, but that's hardly an excuse.
(08-04-2014, 01:51 PM)Rystar Wrote: [ -> ]The hypocrisy of telling someone to read something more clearly all the while taking my post at face value aside
Oh, I apologize for trying to over up for the fact that you were being rather critical toward a new member because of something that "bothered you".

Despite any previous encounters with JellyBoy that you've had, I stick to the fact that you shouldn't have called out something so insignificantly mentioned and you did come off a bit hostile for no reason.
Oh... I guess there was a huge communication mishap here, and it's my fault Sick

I was just trying to help JelloBoy by warning him that people tend to get severely mocked on the internet for saying they're autistic, that's all. I'd seen his behaviour in a previous thread or two, and I was just worried arguments and all sorts of other bad things would break out as a result of some people being intolerant compared to others. I didn't mean to come off like I was insulting him for being autistic, you didn't have to be sarcastic like you did, ShadeDBZ Sad
Well, Rystar, you have somewhat of a habit of... "correcting" people when they make intro posts. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when they're new to the community they should be given a warm welcome, not a critical reception of the way they post. I can't really say your post seemed to be harmful against people with autism, but it was perhaps, as Shade said, unnecessary.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, JelloBoy.
Well gee, I'm sorry for wanting to help people get adjusted to the forums instead of just saying some cookie cutter message like everyone else :/

Sorry if that was really harsh, but I don't understand why it's unnecessary to want to help people.
Probably because you go about it in the most jerkass way possible.

I've seen you make that sort of post in several introduction threads already and unless there's something huge that they're doing wrong, why are you going to nitpick them in their very first thread? I could understand if that sort of thing becomes a bigger issue down the line and the poster does it in a bunch of threads but critiquing their introductory post that harshly is kind of a dick move.

The fact that you do that when you yourself have only been here for just over a month is kind of ridiculous.
If you consider it that big of a problem, let a staff member handle it instead of calling them out yourself.
I don't wanna cause a shitstorm here, but I'll throw in my two cents. I, personally, have worked with people all across the spectrum (I worked for two years in a school for indiviudals with autism) so I promise I won't talk shit in this topic. Some of my good friends have autism, actually Tongue

Sorry, Rystar but you did say it in kind of a jerkass way - what Rystar meant, though is that frequently on Internet forums many people will post...often embarassing things, then attempt to backpedal, and then say something along the lines of "Oh, I'm so sorry I completely misinterpreted it - I'm autistic! WHOOPS! Please forgive me!"
As a result, some people's opinions on talking with individuals with autism are somewhat jaded, especially because it's not immediately apparent within one's community and even less apparent with words on the Internet.

It's a really tough topic to tackle - My friends with autism are generally cool as heck. They acknowledge they have autism, but they don't let it "run their life", so to speak. Rather, they accept it and while it makes some things they do somewhat difficult - they acknowledge this and use it as a learning experience.
The downer is that for some people, a few bad apples are what ruin the bunch. :/
There are some people on the Internet (not here, necessarily; elsewhere) who instead use autism as a "crutch", who blame their mistakes and shortcomings on their ASD and expect others' sympathy (because somtimes that works IRL). When mentioning this, especially in an introductory post, some people mistaken this as a metaphorical tooting of one's horn and looking for others' sympathy.

Yyyyyyeaaaah. Anyway - welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay! Can't wait to see this ~~SeCrEt PrOjEcT~~
Pages: 1 2