The VG Resource

Full Version: A little Mario thingy and some more!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, there!

I did a little Mario sprite for fun and I'd like to know your thoughts about it (as well as your advices on how to perfection it, of course Smile )

[Image: CRuNFMPdcX.png]

I wasn't looking for a specific size and palette color number.

Also, a couple of years ago, I did that thing that I just found in a lonely folder:

[Image: MLwF2TqAe6.png]

I may have been bored that day, I dunno...

---------------------------------------------------

A thing I did for fun and to see how some things work like gloss, lighting/shading effects, color composition, etc...:

[Image: RymhXRQ4SK.png]
For the mario, I'd start by not having so many colors due to its size, but if you decide too use alot of colors use better variation/contrast.
The whites and yellows are way to close in terms of color.

Shading helps too, here's how I'd approach it.
[Image: inY7ICv.png]
Still not very good, but I minimized/shared the amount of colors Mario uses for his skin and red clothing. Again also take the fact the sprite is small so too many colors just leads to wasted space, especially if they are like one peg lighter than the next.
Thank you very much! I'll minimize the palette and/or make the sprite bigger and better looking. Noted! Smile
Oh, It's been a long time here... I'll update it a bit, for the sake of not doing useless threads again:

A thing I did for fun and to see how some things work like gloss, lighting/shading effects, color composition, etc...:

[Image: RymhXRQ4SK.png]

And... that's it for now!