The VG Resource

Full Version: ASCENSION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: ASCENSION%20logo.gif]

[Image: Mockup.png]

For more info on gameplay, click here. Updates made periodically.

Oh man, I could just let this soundtrack loop for hours; probably what I'm gonna end up doing.
I like it. The concept reminds me of Final Fantasy X-2's combat system.
If this ends up playing as nicely as the soundtrack sounds, then this will really be a treat

Looking forward to updates as they come Smile
Sounds fun! Looking forward to it!
The soundtrack's great, but unfortunately the mock-up doesn't do it justice. Here's a quick sketch of mine:
[Image: 2BU2dBO.png]
I changed the resolution to suit the idea of climbing, plus tried to make it more mountain-y, so more rocks and a rock trail. I recommend looking up the Alps, alpine ecology and plants to have a better idea of what I was thinking of.
The tiles feel a bit too rigid/stuck to a grid. I think if you do loads of path tiles, it'd allow for you to make some interesting winding paths during the ascension!

Can't wait to see more! Smile
I don't want to make a shitton of tiles though; it's hard to keep track of them later. I am the sole spriter in this project and it takes a huge toll on me, but I'll try a more detailed landscape without being too difficult to make. About the vertical aspect ratio, the resolution doesn't work for battle scenes, which I imagine being like Mario & Luigi (sideways).But I think I can increase the vertical size to fit the game better.
Looks great Gors, I have high hopes for it!
[Image: e18e00efce719d853ca35dbe3dfaf94f.png]

Updated the ground tiles! Prior to this, the grounds used to be quite square-ish:

[Image: bae03aacaf389e4474b2fbb7854c51d7.png]

The tiles can be mixed and used to create more irregular patterns now Smile As for the vegetations, I guess it will work the best if made as separate sprites: that way, I don't need to care about tilings. Just put it anywhere!
This looks great and the soundtrack is awesome. Defiantly keeping an eye on this. Good job!
(07-22-2014, 11:06 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ][Image: e18e00efce719d853ca35dbe3dfaf94f.png]

Updated the ground tiles! Prior to this, the grounds used to be quite square-ish:

[Image: bae03aacaf389e4474b2fbb7854c51d7.png]

The tiles can be mixed and used to create more irregular patterns now Smile As for the vegetations, I guess it will work the best if made as separate sprites: that way, I don't need to care about tilings. Just put it anywhere!
The rock and cliffs still need some shadows cast though; it seriously looks like they're floating over the ground. Everything else looks okay though. Even if you just used the second or third shades of the grass, or maybe both, to show where the lightsource is coming from to ground these objects, it'd look a lot better.
Roger that sir, I will make grass tiles from scratch with these aspects in mind!
[Image: 90f60e711bf8efcb92e316026299cbf9.png]

Test mockup with the new tiles!

I am thinking on making alpha transparent shadow tiles in order to avoid making more different tiles. But we'll see...
Sounds and looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing how it plays Smile
I can't wait to see where this goes, I'm looking forward to it. Smile
Pages: 1 2