The VG Resource

Full Version: Rabid hates spriting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to see if I could create passable "sprites" with a tablet.

I think it was successful.
Was also really fun. I think I peed a little from glee.

[Image: SNGwyOS.png]

Thoughts?
the shading on the hands is kind of inconsistent, but i like it. nice to see you back! Smile
Wouldn't this...technically be pixel art, though?

Honestly though sprite or pixel art that doesn't stop this piece from being awesome Cool
(07-09-2014, 03:27 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't this...technically be pixel art, though?

A sprite is just a 2D graphic in a game used to represent an actor or UI component. Pixel art is an image drawn using aliased graphics and a set color palette, and does not involve any computer-generated anti-aliasing or smooth shading; every color is placed manually.

For instance, Dust from Elysian Tail is a sprite, but he was drawn in Photoshop using a soft brush, so he's not pixel art, while some works of pixel art are not used in, or are not planned to be used in, a video game, so they're not sprites.

As I've never said before, if you're gonna be a smart ass, be a fluffy one. XD
(07-09-2014, 01:19 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]the shading on the hands is kind of inconsistent, but i like it. nice to see you back! Smile

Ditto this on his right upper arm. Darkest orange and grey shades could be darker, too.

Looks pretty cool though!
nah, it's not pixel art in any sense. just drew it with a tablet and shaded it like i would any other digital art (with a lot of workaround to keep the pixels). peg was King of Fighters kind of shading.

i see the arm problem now. among other things. i'll fix it my usual sluggish pace.
His front forearm is too short compared to the upper arm.
i thought i could animate a Blaziken fighting game sprite.

[Image: Uv1Xmzh.png]

turns out i Blazican't
this is now the "rabid hates spriting" thread
feel free to request because why the hell not

[Image: 9lKZMfV.png]
pixel edges X smooth edges

just went by memory re: the colors.