The VG Resource

Full Version: HD Super Metroid Samus Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: xGUxRrU.png] just reposting for now, been busy and haven't worked on it as of late. I wanted to reply so here it is.

MIDI wrote: It looks like Samus' knee is really thin, like under her armor, she has noodle legs. might wanna make the joint a big bigger.

And nice work on the Jason sprite. the new contrast is a huge improvement... JASON!

I'M WRITING: haha, noodle leg. ok yeah, she needs some knee there. As for jason (not depicted here) i'm not too sure i need a different stance. i'm trying to make his back leg be, well, a back leg, and it keeps being misunderstood and thickened if edited..he looks too much like a "little person" that way. i guess i could make it litterally behind the front leg and change the whole view, but eh...
the angle of the frontmost hand doesn't look very natural. Other than that, it's looking supergood so far. For future reference, Samus is a woman, not a man.
Hey Zye! Glad to see ya back! Hope to see more of your sprites.

(07-08-2014, 07:27 PM)SLAPBADMINE??? Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference, Samus is a woman, not a man.
Well, Samus is a woman's name. Cute
I don't know enough about pixelart to give crits, but man, I'd really love to see an HD Super Metroid.
(07-08-2014, 07:27 PM)SLAPBADMINE??? Wrote: [ -> ]the angle of the frontmost hand doesn't look very natural. Other than that, it's looking supergood so far. For future reference, Samus is a woman, not a man.

mmhmm, i said "she" and "her" when i was talking about her. the second part of the post was about another sprite not depicted here, as i mentioned, which was a male.
Looking closely, the hand on the original sprite is at the same angle as the remake, so it's actually the original spriter's fault, since Zye's just making it HD. Of course, nothing wrong with smotothing over the original's flaws, so I say it should be rotated, too.
one thing to keep in mind, the arm is angled toward the viewer slightly. that being said, should i mess with the arm or the hand to make it resemble that more? or both?

hopefully i'll get this finished, my resolve is low and my laziness is kicking in, ick.
[Image: PtccfNp.png] i didn't like how her chest was. and the part under the arm isn't shadow now, its the dark areas that cover bending areas, like the knee there. = ]