The VG Resource

Full Version: Virt's Spriting Mishaps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is where I'll post my sprites, obviously.
[Image: XoaI1Oe.gif][Image: 355vlfY.gif]
[Image: OwqrBm8.gif][Image: rIPEbfV.gif]
I made some sprites of Phoenix Wright in his design and poses from Ace Attorney 5. I'll eventually do more, but only his out of court sprites, since somebody else is doing the in-court sprites. They're kind of in the Apollo Justice sprite style, but with brighter colors.

[Image: 8MbIMEs.gif]
That's Batman in the style of the Ace Attorney games (partially edited from Acro, from Ace Attorney: Justice for All) planned to be use in a fancase I'll never finish.

[Image: tG8pzYp.gif]
If Mickey Mouse was in a fighting game. Not my best work, not my worst.

[Image: KpO9wq6.png]
Classic Sonic in Sonic Advance style. I think I made this as an example for somebody else who was doing a similar project.

[Image: x2LfQuE.png][Image: qD0A37y.png][Image: i5qEexS.png]
[Image: t0mQ46w.png][Image: R9ofHDC.png][Image: hid2l7Z.png]
[Image: q3B4Obu.png]
A while ago I did a "personal challenge" where I resized sprites and stuff. I could probably do a lot better if I did them now. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say.

Comments + Crits are welcome and encouraged!
Those Phoenix Wright sprites are the best thing in the world. Keep up the great work! Maybe even do other Dual Destiny versions of characters.
If Mickey Mouse was in a fighting game, I couldn't take him seriously, ha ha.

The Pheonix Wright sprites look pretty authentic, and I definitely like the hi-ressing of the classic sprites. The only thing that bothers me about one is Link. As you obtained more space, you also obtained the ability to add more detail, and the first thing that strikes me as off is his hair, which could now look as it does on the concept art. For Sonic's sprite, the spikes on his back should come to more of a point, and his fingers could be more defined on his fists.
The ice climbers' hammers bother me. They just look kinda sloppy. I don't really know why, but Pit's face seems weird as well.

The PW sprites are godly, though.
I made Galleom from Super Smash Bros. Brawl's story mode in the Mother 3 style.
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9c0bhcU3U1rzgxyf.png][Image: xHdKaFo.png]
(ignore the lack of health and proper commands in the mock-up)

I made it because he kind of reminded me of the chimeras from Mother 3, and Lucas fights it at one point.
Also so I could practice a style with less anti-aliasing.

EDIT: Fixed up some jaggies and stuff.

EDIT2: New Mock-Up
[Image: jSvcvWD.png]
I like it, but the color seems none mother 3-ish. The biggest problem is lighting/shading on your sprite. It's a metal enemy so darker shadows to lighter shine spots ( It's hard to explain :I ). The Face piece and hand needs the most work. This is my example
[Image: DY8SXYI.png]
Thanks for the input! I'm not planning on working on that sprite much further, but I'll keep all the things you said and the edits you made in mind for other sprites I do in the style.
[Image: gb8EKGM.png] [Image: aAqZhK9.png]
Maya Fey: Ace Attorney
Her arms or lack of really bothers me, and it seems to meld into the bow. The jacket doesn't seem to follow up well from the clothes.
The arms were supposed to be behind her back, but I guess I could have shown that better. I'll try fixing it later.
Also, I don't know what you mean by "following up well." Could you explain that further?
idk, if i was in court, i wouldnt exactly be happy. maybe you give her a default expression and lower her shoulders
(11-26-2014, 07:00 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: [ -> ]The arms were supposed to be behind her back, but I guess I could have shown that better. I'll try fixing it later.
Also, I don't know what you mean by "following up well." Could you explain that further?
[Image: eGUpeu8.png]
I gave her one of her classic poses. I'm not used to the AA or its style, so bear with me.

Yeah, recme makes a good point.
[Image: XRDG25L.png] [Image: wHP1qrm.png]
Revised it a bit.
It's better and I like her expression, but it looks like she's an amputee. In terms of likeness I find her chin too large, and her cheekbone seems a bit low.
The rest of the arm being nonexistent is because that part of the sprite will be hidden behind the bench, so it's not necessary to sprite it in complete detail. See: Klavier the floating upper body
As for the face, how's this?
[Image: MUNep9n.png]
Pages: 1 2