The VG Resource

Full Version: Chrono Trigger DS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pros;
-New Colosseum lets you battle monsters.
-New Dimensional Distortion adds a new story element to the game. It's even being overlooked by the original writer.
-New translation

Cons;
-Colosseum is getting mixed reviews as being too simplistic
-Frog no longer speaks in Olde English

Discuss.
Sounds fun. I didn't get to play the original on the SNES, so I'm totally pumped for this!
Wow, sweet.
I can't believe there gonna do this!
W00t w00t.
This hath quite spoiled my appetite for such a game. Quoth! I'll have none of it!
Dimensional Distortion?
I hope they don't ruin such a magnificent game.
Frog no longer will speak in Old English?

Bah. Then I assume Ayla will be speaking perfect English then? =/

EDIT - Now that I remember, none of the NPCs/enemies in 600 AD spoke Old English. It was just only Frog. I guess it does make sense as to why Frog's Old English is getting the boot in the DS version of the game.
Olde English for non-native English speakers (such as me) sometimes can get confusing. Frog was hard to understand sometimes, and Fo-Lou from Breath of Fire 4 was almost impossible to decipher!
Uh, what? Fou-Lu is a lot easier to understand then Frog.
(10-08-2008, 12:02 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]-Frog no longer speaks in Olde English
no longer buying this game
(10-12-2008, 02:21 PM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, what? Fou-Lu is a lot easier to understand then Frog.

To me, both were almost equally horrible, but Fou-Lo got longer lines (as far I remember XP)
I have finished the original on my SNES emulator. Sort of had a final fantasy feel to it
Quote:To me, both were almost equally horrible, but Fou-Lo got longer lines (as far I remember XP)
Ah, alright then. That I can understand. His speechs could be a bit lengthy at times~
(10-16-2008, 12:56 AM)liam543 Wrote: [ -> ]I have finished the original on my SNES emulator. Sort of had a final fantasy feel to it

Well they are made by Square so yeah.
OK, the game's out. What do you guys think?

New weapons/armor- expected. Kind of fun, but nothing groundbreaking.
Colosseum- Not a bad time waster. Good for getting overpowered equipment early.
Dimensional Vortex- You only fight Dark versions of Crono, Marle and Lucca. There are four other characters we could have fought, but noooo. I'm pretty disappointed that there's no Frog/Robo/Ayla/Magus battle.
New Boss- tougher, but unnecessary and underwhelming.
New Ending- directly leads to Chrono Cross. Not bad.
Kinda annoyed since this game is newer and therefore wont run on my m3 simply...
Pages: 1 2