The VG Resource

Full Version: Dazz (Player; Boss)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: hGxvJp2.png] [Image: aZBx1T7.gif] [Image: vkhGIyC.gif]

[Image: f6gPBXh.png]

Mecha Dazz:
A realm where all Resources meet and the throne of their creator, Dazz.
Elements of this stage are based on the patterns of the headers of the four Resource sites:
The floor is inspired by The Spriters Resource.
The background is inspired by The Sounds Resource.
The two objects floating in the background are inspired by The Models Resource and The Textures Resource, the illusion cube and sphere respectively.
This is where the Fighters fight to claim the throne and the power to make their every desire a reality. (Neko's is a life-time supply of Fishcakes.)
[Image: IBB4onW.png]
________
Old post:

The Fighters Resource needs a final boss and from what I understand it's going to be none other than Dazz. I have some ideas. See if you agree with them, share your thoughts and/or ideas of your own.

I was thinking about giving him 2 forms, like most bosses (Kazuya/Devil, Ogre/True Ogre, etc. I only really played Tekken :/ ) They are fought in 2 seperate rounds.

The first form is your friendly neighbourhood Dazz, not too different from the rest of the cast. A player character. He has his own moveset etc.

The second form is special. He taps into the mystery force called The Fighters Resource and gains the abilities of the other fighters. He attacks with Neko's claws, Chris's balls, Bombergirl's Bombs and maybe even launches his head like Gilbert.

How the second form looks is far from definitive. Should he just copy the moves, temporarily transform into the players (like the final boss from MK1) or even temporarily become a hybrid.

See what you think about it. If someone wants to pick this up, be my guest (I want to do it myself, but I'm not given the time lately). I know this was originally Gors's task years back, but based on his level of involvement at the moment, I want to take it out of his hands.

Right now, my priority is to create his stage which I'll call "The Final Resource". Even without Dazz I think a final boss stage would come in handy. So yeah, I'll leave this topic spriteless for a while. Boop.
[6/25/2014 4:46:49 AM] Tom Guycott: I need to think of who should be the boss of TFR. I assume each character should just fight a rival at the end the way things are now
[6/25/2014 4:46:54 AM] Tom Guycott: but I'd love to have an actual boss boss
[6/30/2014 9:58:51 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: i'm totally for this, let me think
[6/30/2014 10:31:20 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: the obvious choice was dazz
[6/30/2014 10:32:09 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: i was thinking of dazz appearing in the game over screen, a bit like this stand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y9CP1TBtFQ&t=34s
[6/30/2014 10:33:04 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: he'd squash the player into a "banned" sign, idk
[6/30/2014 10:35:28 PM | Edited 10:35:47 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: i guess we could make the boss a dark or possessed bloom
[6/30/2014 10:36:39 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: i would've otherwise suggested people like dex, grooveman or tyvon but i don't think they'd be ok with that
[6/30/2014 10:39:52 PM | Edited 10:44:11 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: maybe even omega and moneyman as possible minibosses
[6/30/2014 10:44:32 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: unless you mean somebody from the present roster?
I know it's an idea but I'm not sure why it would be Bloom since I'm technically still working on her as a fighter
(07-03-2014, 08:56 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: [ -> ]Ogre/True Ogre

Well there's a mini boss right there Shreksual Healing
The stadium rumbles. The player is pick up and thrown by a tornado to a black screen and lives. A slow cackle.wav file plays.

I/you/me have or has returned. Prepare to fight and kill and defeat me, ZeldaClassicDEITY. But you/me/other/other(s) won't kill me!!

The new stadium fades in. At first glance you appear to be standing on a black rectangle with white background. The player is allowed to fight ZCD, but when the player gets close enough the game freezes for a second before an even louder sound effect plays as the screen flashes white.

Silly foolish human(s)! I already told you that I am ZeldaClassicDEITY. I control all of the WWW (World Wide Web)! No man/woman/other is able to defeat me for I am the AWESOMEST GOD

The stage begins to change. Color-indexed 3D animations play. Gradients burst forth from below. Even time itself is under the control of ZCD. This battleground isn't just on the internet. It is the internet. Throughout the battle the player's palette flickers between their true colors and web-safe colors. Adblock phases in and out of existence, allowing audio-enabled banner ads to obscure the stadium. This is truly the final battle.
My Skype is so shotty Chris that your half of the conversation hasn't even reached me yet. XD

I think Dazz is probably the way to go for a traditional, M Bison kind of boss (playable and balanced for players), but I'm not opposed to other bosses or minibosses either.

One idea for a miniboss was a guy called Penultimo, who I haven't designed yet, but would basically be a lot like the boss of World Heroes, who could transform into any other fighter. The thing with him would be that his moves would be glitched and messed up. For example, he morphs into Gilbert, does the Bullet fire animation, but fires things like Neko flying across the screen or Chris' wine bottles.

As for a BOSS boss, I always like the concept of the final boss of Romancing Saga 2, where the guys all merge into this one big entity with each of them reaching out of it.

Really I like all the ideas mentioned above equally too. Sad I might have to decide on a boss for Version 1 (with only the original cast) and version 2 (with all the added characters, which is fast approaching now with everyone's renewed interest in the project).
(07-03-2014, 09:10 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ][6/30/2014 10:35:28 PM | Edited 10:35:47 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: i guess we could make the boss a dark or possessed bloom
[6/30/2014 10:36:39 PM] ~Chris 2Balls: i would've otherwise suggested people like dex, grooveman or tyvon but i don't think they'd be ok with that
me. make me the boss.

ive been all over the moderation team (up to forum admin) and back again. gimme a grudge to hold in the storyline and im good to go

as for a miniboss, i think a rotation between Vipershark, Gors, and Bombergirl engaging in a dialogue with the player would be good for a miniboss; upon beating them they engage in another dialogue and you find out the true motivations of whomever.
I thought Dazz was always intended to be the final boss from the beginning...?
Guysssssss

I thought of something for a minibosssssss

WHAT IF A MINI BOSS WAS A SHADOW VERSION OF YOUR CHARACTER WHO SOMEWHAT MIRRORS YOUR MOVES KINDA LIKE DARK LINK FROM ZELDA-*shot*

(kinda bad idea...)
As cliche as that is, that IS doable in engine as a palette swap.
if that happens i'll make a full sheet for blue crapsman and have him fight crappy in story mode as his shadow so he can fight his inner recolor
I like the shadow clone miniboss idea.

Related Neko trivia: Evil King Waru's design started off as a complete black version of Neko with red eyes called Shadow Neko.
Well I mean if Crappy's going to so that, I guess the only thing I can do is:

The MachoBot RoboSavage vs. Kosh Kogan

Pixelmania 5
okay seriously though? if it's doable i would love to see each character have a personal mini boss

otherwise in general i think a mini boss would be great, preferably one picked from a few choices that depend on meeting certain conditions like getting at least one perfect k.o. or not continuing
(07-03-2014, 02:17 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: [ -> ]if that happens i'll make a full sheet for blue crapsman and have him fight crappy in story mode as his shadow so he can fight his inner recolor

couldn't he just fight regular luigi for supremacy or something
"no I'M the real one"
Pages: 1 2 3 4