The VG Resource

Full Version: Help with Godzilla: Unleashed SAM and UBE files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip the sound effects from Godzilla: Unleashed using a PAL Wii disc. I've located the audio files (or at least what was in the folder labeled AUDIO) and have no idea on how to extract them. For each "group" of sounds, there are two files, one a SAM file and one an UBE file. The SAM file is always larger than the UBE. For example, for the monster Anguirus there's an ANGUIRUS.SAM file that's 474 KB and an ANGUIRUS.UBE file that's 3.79 KB. Opening the UBE file in a plain text editor has a list of names at the end that to me seem like the individual sound file names ("ang shout med 2", for example).

Anyone know what either of those two file extensions means and how to extract sound from it?
Could you upload a couple of pairs of these SAM and UBE files? I'll take a gander and see what I can do.
Sure, here's three pairs of these cryptic SAM and UBE files
Hmm, these are weird files indeed. I found those file names you mentioned, but apart from those I can't see anything recognisable. Even if I could find something like file offsets and sizes, the sound data (which I'd expect is in the SAM files) is in a format I can't figure out (probably compressed, too), and searching has come up with nothing.

Sorry, I think these might just not be extractable, at least for now.