The VG Resource

Full Version: What's your Civilization preference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like Civilization, the game that is. So, what's your favorite civilization in the games you've played?

I like playing as The Vikings in Civilization 4.

I prefer China and Brazil in Civilization 5.
I've played 2 a long time ago on my brother's old computer. My friend owns 5 and we played as the Polynesians on a world archipelago.
I love all Civs equally.

But I almost always play as Attila the Hun in Civ V.
I own III, IV and V, but haven't played any of them yet. The farthest I've gotten is the menu screen in IV to check if it runs.
"Just one more turn."

Looks at the clock, it's 6 AM, and that one turn became 200.

Brazil is pretty fun to play as, with all those culture bonuses, especially in combination with a culture based religion. I tend to go with Brazil, Germany to keep warmongers at bay, Ottoman for that bandit boat bonus, or Spain for the exploration bonuses.

EDIT: I'm talking about Civilization 5, never played the older ones, are they any different?
(06-22-2014, 10:10 PM)Mag Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I'm talking about Civilization 5, never played the older ones, are they any different?

They're very different in a lot of ways. 5 is typically seen as oversimplified actually, though I prefer it.
(06-23-2014, 03:58 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]They're very different in a lot of ways. 5 is typically seen as oversimplified actually, though I prefer it.

Honestly Civ IV's expansions made the game so complicated that Civ V's simplification was desperately needed.

Brave New World did add some really unnecessary mechanics, but overall Civ V feels a lot cleaner and is just a more pleasant experience.