The VG Resource

Full Version: Nickcil The Pixel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay... I am Half A Mind, you should know me by now, and I have one more request...
Me and my friend have created this abstract video game character named Nickcil. I want to create a game about him!...here's the problem, though: I'm a terrible Video-Game designer. I know this is kind of a big favor to ask, but...could someone make a short game about him? Here he is: Nickcil!
[Image: iSpqy28H96jrl.gif]
Thats him! (GIF made by Shade, sprites made by Me.) Anyway... I basically want, like, a game like "Super Mario Bros." except based on our game character. I will give more details later. Ask me to PM you the info if you happen to be interested in the request. Sorry if I'm being so selfish...
i don't really see how a mario-style game is possible with just a box with an idle animation, running, jumping? you have waaay to little for anyone to work with.

i hope i dont sound too discouraging, your game idea is still a possibility, you just need a lot more graphics before anything is really possible.
I'll work on it...
(06-17-2014, 05:57 PM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]I want to create a game about him!

could someone make a short game about him?

Uhh so you want to create a game? Great! There are many resources on the internet to get you started. You don't need someone to make it for you! Make it yourself Big Grin Google GameMaker. It should be a good start if you want to make a small 2D platformer.
!!! can you gimme a link?

Here is the main enemy: Kind Glitchion! You see, Nickcil The Pixel lives in a world that King G messed up. It's a "Glitched" world. Implying it's a video game.
[attachment=4391]

More Nickcil Sprites!
[attachment=4392]

Ok, TheShyGuy, I can't get GoogleGameMaker because My current Funds are -53.10
(06-17-2014, 08:50 PM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, TheShyGuy, I can't get GoogleGameMaker because My current Funds are -53.10
There's a "Lite" version of gamemaker that doesn't cost anything. Smile
...Give. Link. NOW. PLEASE.
Cool. But I still just want someone to create it for me. I'm just supplying the sprites.
(06-24-2014, 08:34 PM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. But I still just want someone to create it for me. I'm just supplying the sprites.

Good luck with that.
I hate to say this, kid, but you're going to have to learn how to make the game yourself. As someone who had used Game Maker all the time when they were in elementary school, I can easily say that it is a very easy-to-use, easy-to-learn program. There are lots of tutorials out there on how to make platformers with it, in addition to various platformer templates or engines that you can download.

Don't take this as an offense, take it as a word of advice.
Mystie, NEVER CALL ME "KID" AGAIN.
Not sure that post was totally necessary.

Mystie gave you some solid advice and that's the reply you leave?
hey half a brain, I don't mind coding the game for you. But I want to be paid and you shall provide every audio and graphic for the game.
PM if you're interested.
(06-25-2014, 09:50 AM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who had used Game Maker all the time when they were in elementary school, I can easily say that it is a very easy-to-use, easy-to-learn program.

Wait -- did you like actually use Game Maker in school or did you just use it as a kid?

If it's the former

damn looks like I gotta move to this school district when I have kids

(06-30-2014, 06:56 PM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Mystie, NEVER CALL ME "KID" AGAIN.

Soooo... how old are you? Nerd

'cos you're certainly acting like a baby right now
Pages: 1 2