The VG Resource

Full Version: Q about using ripped model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to use a ripped model of Luigi that I got on this site from here. The model is pretty good considering it's already rigged. What I'm confused about is why there are 2 models. The more normal rigged model is missing Luigi's head. The other model is pretty low poly and includes Luigi's head, but doesn't have your typical skeletal rig. Anyone have any idea of what the purpose of this is? I'm not really sure how to use these 2 models together.

I was thinking of ripping the head off the low poly model and putting it on the high poly, but I'm really confused as to why the high poly model is missing the head to begin with.
Could you please link us to the model in particular?
I did link to the model in my OP, but here is the link again http://www.models-resource.com/wii/Super...odel/4704/

It looks like Blender is the issue. "Headless Luigi" imports just fine into Unity.
I don't see the link anywhere in the OP.

Anyway, I was just about to say that the SSBB models I've downloaded always glitch up whenever I look at them, but after reading what you said about Blender and Unity, I guess it's just because I'm using Blender. Big Grin
The SMDs are broken up like that because SMDs don't support multiple optional polygon groups without merging everything together. Importing Luigi.SMD, LuigiFace.SMD and LuigiHair.SMD together should give you the full model that you can do things with. The LuigiShd.SMD is the "shadow" model, and is just added for completeness' sake.
Awesome, thanks! I had tried importing the SMD files but couldn't. I wasn't sure what they were since I'm not familiar with that format. I found an SMD plugin for Blender and now have all of Luigi and can animate him!