The VG Resource

Full Version: Viewing and/or converting raw images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya. I'm trying to rip the sprites of a game that uses ARGB8 raw images. What program or utility should I use for this? I can load them with Irfanview and them save them as a different format such as PNG, but it doesn't seem to load the alpha channel transparencies for raw images correctly, so they end up with a black background.

Thank you!
What game are we talking about?
Well, it's not a single, specific game. I'm trying to rip the sprites and artworks of multiple PS3 games using the .dds.phyre format. Some of these pic files are DXT files, others seem to use a different format. I'm having difficulty with the latter. I can handle DXT pics just fine by opening the .dds.phyre files with a hex editor, finding the point in which the picture file's data starts, deleting the previous bytes, and adding a proper DXT header. Unfortunately I'm not very savvy on the structure of the header of DDS files, so I don't know what the header of non-DXT DDS files should be like. So I don't add it when I remove the first section from the non-DXT pics, which means I end up with raw images.
I suppose the best solution would be adding a proper DDS header and then converting them, rather than treating them as raw images. I have no trouble convert DDS files.