The VG Resource

Full Version: Favorite and Least Favorite Kong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah why not? Has this topic been done before? I don't think has.

Anyway my favorite Kong is the main man himself, Donkey Kong. I've always liked the big strong goofy guy with a heart of gold characters. Ever see the Iron Giant? Totoro?
DK reminds me of them. Simple, big, childlike, and strong as fuck!

Get on his good side and he's a kind hearted fun loving dude. Get on his bad side and expect more pain than you've ever known.

My least favorite Kong? Kiddy. Yeah I have a feeling he's going to be a lot of people's least favorite Kong. Although I love DKC3 and enjoyed the game immensely the character Kiddy spoils a lot of it. I think it stems from his design. Never make a baby character ugly. That's a good way to make people hate it.

Anyway, what about you?
If it's one thing I could say about Kiddy Kong, at least he doesn't look anything like this guy.

Anyway, as far as favorite Kongs go, I'm going with Cranky. Not only is he the original Donkey Kong, but also he has a good sense of humor and he can hold very well on his own (as the most recent game shows us). Plus, he makes for one heck of a tribute to Mr. Mc D!

As for a Kong I really don't care for, I'm going with Tiny. There is no real reason for her to exist when we already have Dixie (I know that Rare wanted to use characters that only appeared in the first DKC game for DK64, but why should Wrinkly be included based on that logic?), so all she seems like is a knockoff of Dixie in my opinion. Also, her redesign rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
I agree with Koopaul. My favourite is Donkey, and my least favourite is Kiddy.
Oh man, every character from the DKC tv show was an abomination! Talk about creepy looking.
My favourite kong is Eddie the mean old yeti.

My least favorite kong is the king of kong billy mitchell.
My favorite is Dixie Kong. Most versatile ponytail ever!
My least favorite is Diddy Kong. I don't know what it is, but something about him makes me hate him.
Aww, Kiddy Kong isn't that bad. I mean the first time I played the game I didn't care for him either just out of my sheer dislike of babies in general, but after playing the game several times his derpiness has kind of grown on me. He looks so ridiculous in almost any situation, which I think is kind of the point; he's kind of a character who was designed to be laughed at, rather than with.

Anyways favorite Kong would have to be either Lanky or Dixie, depending on context. Least favorite would have to be Tiny just out of sheer wtf does she even exist when we already have Dixie.

That's just out of the playable Kongs though. If I chose a favorite NPC Kong it would have to be Funky, if just based on the fact that he always has the best music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8mgAP-tTF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQkgaUbgCCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3GNgv8A3MY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldtju8Py4iI
Donkey Kong takes the the crown (though Candy is a close second because of "YES I CAN SAVE!!!" situations as kid on DKC).

And yeah Kiddy sucks. I mean he looks like an adult with some serious health issues dressed as a baby. Not only is Kiddy not a good character anyway, but I think the general fact that everyone was like "Where the smeg is Donky Kong?" gets people made.
Like, for example, Raiden in MGS2.

I don't really care for any of the DK64 new Kongs (screw you Lanky Kong for being a dick in multiplayer) - I mean is that game even, well recognised anymore? As for the Donkey Kong Country cartoons (which oddly enough I watched some the other day) - well, everyone in that looks scary.
The best is probably a tie between Diddy, Dixie, and pre-timeskip Tiny.

The worst is by far Donkey.
(06-05-2014, 09:00 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]The worst is by far Donkey.
[Image: 0b03a80410e043448076f22fdc8f0543Cdmlu0.jpg]

Favorite is probably Dixie just because floating around as a kid was freakin' epic.

Least favorite is Kiddy, can't get over what he is. It's just weird.
I like DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky, and Lanky.
Ambivalent on Candy, Swanky, Tiny, Chunky, Wrinkly, and Kiddy.
I always forget that Swanky exists. I don't ever go into his shops in either of the games he's in.
Swanky is an extremely minor character compared to the other Kongs. Visiting him is completely optional (sans the GBA ports if you want 100%), so I wouldn't be surprised if Klubba is more memorable than he is.
Favorite is King Kong.
Least Favorite is Diddy Kong.
I have nothing against Swanky... he's just a forgettable and insignificant Kong.
Pages: 1 2 3