The VG Resource

Full Version: What Kirby powers do you like using?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't need to ask if any of you guys played the games of a certain puffball, but I am wondering what copy abilities you really like using. Sure, I know that the Hammer and Stone abilities often come to mind, but what about the other ones that do not give you an unfair advantage in boss battles?

For me, I really like the Ninja ability. It is fast with attacking, has plenty of cool tricks (and an awesome katana in the more recent games), and it's based on ninjas (Need I say more?).
I love using the Ball ability, even if it's only been in a game or two
water and yo-yo

because they're blue.
(06-02-2014, 12:20 PM)Sportoise Wrote: [ -> ]I love using the Ball ability, even if it's only been in a game or two

The thing about the Ball ability is that it is very underrated. Even though it is extremely difficult to control and you have a chance of getting hurt when you try to attack foes, the damage caused by it is unreal! Heck, in addition to rivaling the Hammer's power, the Ball ability is very common, so you do not need to beat up a giant monkey just to get it.
I like the Beam ability because of its attack radius... and that fire sword from Kirby 64 is pretty cool.
sucking and spitting
I've been playing a lot of Amazing Mirror, and it's kind of awesome that they included a Smash Bros themed Power. It's kind of rare to find a Master Hand (or two Noddys together, which automatically gives the power) but when you do? You have no trouble getting though the game. No obstacle can stop Kirby's rampage.

I also really like Burning, Suplex, Yoyo, Squeak Squad's Ninja ability, Fighter, and even Metal!
Double Fire. Form of a Phoenix, fly forever and burn everything!
i own with bomb kirby. its feels so good to just explode everything while keeping some speed
Lets see:
Ice+Cutter = Yay skating
Ice+Electric = It's like reverse kirby... that self giants health
Rock+Cutter= This was a neat way to sneak in stuff from past games with some usefulness to them. Shame there wasn't too much they actually helped with.
Rock+Electric = FLAIL.
Ribbon+Crystal = Why is amazing mirror the only one that lets you use the ultimate power for levels?

I'm also fond of bomb in other kirby games.

Mic was fun to try to save for a larger enemy/boss. Same goes for crash.
Oh, and the rare UFO.
Need more boss fights with UFO.

I liked trying to get paint whenever possible in super star, just so I can use it some.
(06-02-2014, 05:34 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: [ -> ]Ribbon+Crystal = Why is amazing mirror the only one that lets you use the ultimate power for levels?

Squeak Squad also has the option to use the ultimate power. To me, using an endgame power you use against the final boss for the main game is a very satisfying reward!
Suplex is the shit.
UFO, Bomb, cutter, and mic for me.
Would love it if they bought back Animal
I loved Mirror and beam kirby a lot

but also the K64 gimmick where you could mix powers was so great! We need another game that did that (is there one? I haven't kept up with kirby since SSU)
Pages: 1 2