The VG Resource

Full Version: [MachoBot RoboSavage]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I came up with the idea for TFR, I never imagined it getting it's own forum. Even though I've essentially been a deadbeat dad (with Gors being the overworked single mom and everyone else the neighborhood that helps her get through her struggles raising a growing boy in this day and age), I'm proud of my baby. But welp, I guess I'll handle the extra parts for The MachoBot. Since the only spriting left is the portrait (which I think I can handle) I can handle the music stuff such as voice and what not
[Image: DrKjq82.png]

Gognio:
(05-25-2014, 07:10 PM)[MachoBot RoboSavage] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: gAjY4bm.gif]
[Image: zzJueWI.gif]

It's in two parts because for some reason, my animator wouldn't export it all in one .gif. Too big or something, I guess. (Also, the first .gif won't loop for some reason either, so unless you refresh it'll look like a giant white block)
Theres .gifs for the other attacks, I'll scour VGR and find them later. It's a bit difficult to do via mobile
Theme:
Quick, someone make these better!

[Image: ZPwKsxu.png]

I don't have the patience or talent for it. Very Sad
[Image: D1whhMe.gif]
[Image: IkPOHlg.gif]
That's all I could do with the time I had.
[Image: gi2Ptve.png]->[Image: bjDKze5.png]->[Image: o7EeqEr.png]
Doing stuff.

Progress was made.

More progress. Except it's pretty much finished now.
Redoing, because not satisfied:
[Image: XdM9KZa.png]
After comparing, the old one doesn't really fit with Neko, Gors and Chris's character arts. I like where this is going though.
The old one was based on Santana, the new one is super obviously based on Hierophant Green.
Very cool...It would be good to do the outline for the pickaxe on special 2", it is a small sprite so it wouldn't take super long to go over and clean the rotated versions.
[Image: B2R9KQE.png]->[Image: eKR6vgZ.png]
Purrgress

That pickaxe was Gors's job, but I'll clean it up whenever.

Done. Hie-Robo-phant Nine.

[Image: qpuwIFC.png]
Updated the sheet with clean pickaxe, new back-punch (Antenna Punch) and edited the after image of his jump punch.
Added hitspark, based on Sportoise's mushroom pattern.
I really like the large mugshot! It's just a shame the design isn't the same for the smaller one. You're doing a good job n_n
[Image: 7erkLVK.png] New mug.
Someone actually made updated Savage sprites that I am currently using in the engine. I forget who, it was probably either you, c2b or gors.

Anyway, I also made a slight change to the idea you had with his new Back Punch. I actually kept the original punch and made that a new Back Kick, since his original back kick did not have all that much power or range on its own. What I did with the original back kick was make it a 2nd hit for a Kick combo, where it made a lot more sense.
The new savage was probably me. Second post in this topic. Added that to the sheet and re-added the old back punch as back punch (old).
Made a slight change to the transition to the Savage Elbowdrop attack.

EDIT: Edited the grab, because I thought the magnet looked ugly. You can now see his body open when he takes out his magnet.
New Hard Hit and Depixel frames and changed the fist of the old Back Punch, because I noticed the thumb was on the wrong side.
Actually... isn't robo9 punching with his right hand? If that's the case, the thumb is on the correct side. Tongue

(If I'm missing something ignore me)
You can check the sheet from the post before it to compare. It is indeed his right hand, but the thumb should be on the inner side, while it was at the outer side first, if that makes sense.
Pages: 1 2