The VG Resource

Full Version: Neko (PLAYER)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Neko "Bouncy" Cat:
A character with short range attacks, which he makes up for in speed and fast execution.
-His two dash attacks help him zip across the screen. The tackle is fast, but travels a short distance, while the duration of his roll is longer and covers more distance. The animation of the roll loops 2 times if the attack key is tapped and 3 times if it's held.
-His back punch also causes Neko to dash forward.
-His Golden Neko attack is similar to Blanka's electric attack.
-His Angry Boxing Glove Upper is similar to Ryu's Shoryuken. (Neko moves diagonal up)
-The moon in Neko's Gognio Special deals damage from when it appears above screen above Neko to when it is off-screen after it's thrown.
-His jump punch functions as a small mid-air jump, but only once per regular jump.

Pre battle dialogue: "Nya!"
Victory dialogue: "*purrr*"
Defeat dialogue: "Nyaack!!"
[Image: qeU2hZB.png]
Frames not to be affected by palette changes:
Princess (Win), Golden Neko, Goldstar Neko, Nyaken, Dianyaken, Radish, Frozen (Status), Strawberry (because leaves and tube share colors), Dragon Ball (Moe), Lionheart (Beast) (Intro B )
[Image: 6fzOwGg.png] [Image: iYfVvPM.png] [Image: P5fqGkB.jpg]
[Image: Llnx8ad.png]
Purgress!
I did this on my dad's PC. Without tablet. Without Photoshop (I used Paint). It takes some getting used to.
[Image: BZZlGhM.png]
I tried the crosshatching thing Chris did, but I'm not as great :/
Hm, I kind of liked the sketch's anatomy a bit better. The head just looks too large now, and the face looks too squeezed in.

The concept is hilariously brilliant though, so I hope you keep trying!
(05-27-2014, 11:47 AM)Iocus Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I kind of liked the sketch's anatomy a bit better. The head just looks too large now, and the face looks too squeezed in.

The concept is hilariously brilliant though, so I hope you keep trying!

Yeah, I'm going to need my tablet for that to get it right. Drawing with the mouse sucks.
I feel like the body isn't wide enough
(05-27-2014, 12:34 PM)[MachoBot RoboSavage] Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like the body isn't wide enough

That's why the original sketch is better. The pixel-art is also too short compared to Chris's portrait.

I'll redo this once my brother is finally sick and tired of Diablo III and I can get that precious PC time. Meanwhile, the current pixel art will be its placeholder.
I prefer the sketch too. Here's a quick edit of the face, with some of the cross-hatching thing:
[Image: 503HyA5.png]
I think you're better off using the sketch directly, by perhaps following one of Kiwi's awesome tutorials!
Keep experimenting with the hatching patterns: you can play around with 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, their direction, their tone, etc. I used it like big dithering/checkerboard.

Good luck! Smile

Edit:
[Image: bD31Zoa.png]
I messed around with the concept art you posted. If you have a higher resolution of that drawing, you can get some clearer lines when you reduce. It can be done, it can be faster and it can look better!
Update:
[Image: 1H5prLv.png]
I traced the concept in Photoshop.
That's considerably better! Big Grin I wouldn't hatch anything small like his claw, though.
Looks awesome! But I don't think it'd hurt to add more shades/values to add some detail
[Image: 9vhXWeb.png][Image: taV6lLN.png]
I tried. Not too happy with the results, but whatever. Which is better: Left of right?
I purrfer left

looks good
[Image: pUx7Y4e.gif]
Hit Spark!
I think you can still tweak the speed, but it looks good!
I'm also glad you've decided to make your own particle effects! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6