The VG Resource

Full Version: Corrupted Sprites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno if I'm posting this in the right thread, so forgive me if this isn't the right place
Hey everyone!
So a few months ago I decided to rip some sprites from an SNES game, so I loaded up the ROM in ZSNES, took a precise savestate, and opened it up in VSNES, right? Well, right after I opened up the memviewer and went straight to the rom to rip the sprites when I realized...all of the tiles for the games sprites were corrupted!
I just don't know what went wrong.Sad I mean, in every other SNES game that I have, I can open up the rom and view the sprite graphics perfectly fine. This one...not so much. Most of the tiles have half their graphics cut off by static; how am I supposed to assemble the sprites if I can't see part of their corresponding tiles?
If anyone can help me out with this issue then, please, lend me a helping hand.

P.S: The game in question is The Death and Return of SupermanWink
Which version of ZSNES? The current version of vSNES works up to 1.51 or 1.52, not sure why...
(05-07-2014, 05:34 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of ZSNES? The current version of vSNES works up to 1.51 or 1.52, not sure why...

Version 1.51
Corrupted like this?
[Image: iSSfuQdRpR6Eg.png]
(05-07-2014, 06:18 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]Corrupted like this?
[Image: iSSfuQdRpR6Eg.png]

Yeah, that's it! It's starting to tick me off, TBH.Angry
You just need to dick with the offset, that would be the up/down arrows above window.
(05-07-2014, 06:56 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]You just need to dick with the offset, that would be the up/down arrows above window.

Hmm...I'll give it a shot. Wish me luck, dude!Wink
EDIT: YES! It works! Thanks a ton, Deathbringer. Once I finish working on the sprite sheet I'm making I'll be sure to mention you.