The VG Resource

Full Version: Disney Emblems (need advice)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm going to start a little project but I could use some creative advice. I'm going to be making an emblem/symbol for every Disney animated feature film + partially animated film. They are going to be one solid clipart color, similar to the symbols you see in Smash Bros. for each character's series.

However I don't know what I should use for each movie.

UPDATE:
Here's what I have so far.
[Image: disneyemblems_zpsde87f28f.gif]
Umbrella or handbag for Mary Poppins.
Brush for Tangled.
Controller for Wreck It Ralph, or a Hammer.
Oliver and Company - Drivers Cap.
Raygun for Lilo and Stich
Treasure Planet - Compass or Map
Frozen - Snow Man Head, whatever his name was.
The Black Cauldron - Obviously Cauldron
Pocahontas - Leafs
Emperors New Groove: His weird crown
Oh how could I be so foolish! Tangled should probably have that sun symbol from their kingdom. It was all over the place.

I'll add of your suggestions to my list. Thank you!
For Snow White, how about you do the apple, but it is covered in a dripping poison blob that looks like a skull? I've seen that image done a few times relating to the Wicked Queen and her crone form.

Also, if you are going to do this for every Disney animated film, where's the Nightmare Before Christmas then?
Eh the thing that kinda stinks about this project (sorry!) is that for many of these, it's probably going to be a silhouette of the character's head. But don't worry - that says a lot about the franchises themselves!

nonetheless this is a big undertaking; I'm curious what's going to come up for Dinosaur and Song of the South, lol

(05-03-2014, 12:24 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Pinocchio - Jiminy Cricket sihouette, Pinocchio's hat
Bambi - Bambi's head silhouette
Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros - a sombrero. Come on, Koopaul
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Ichabod's hat
Alice in Wonderland - a suit of cards (spade, heart, club, diamond)
Sleeping Beauty - One of the fairy godmothers' hats?
One Hundred and One Dalmations - Pongo's head silhouette?
Jungle Book
Aristocats - Marie's head silhouette, cat paw
Bedknobs and Broomsticks - can you somehow personify the Age of Not Believing? lol
Robin Hood - Robin Hood's head silhouette (you know, so we can tell it's the fox and not literally a hat wit ha feather in it)
Winnie the Pooh = Pooh's head, with color absent where the black parts of his face are (so it's inverse, almost)
The Little Mermaid = Flounder?
Mulan - Mushu's head?
Lilo & Stitch - a front-view silhouette of Stitch's head.
Wreck-It Ralph - Ralph's fist
(05-03-2014, 08:03 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2014, 12:24 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Ichabod's hat

I think a pumpkin would be more fitting.
(05-03-2014, 08:08 AM)Paladin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2014, 08:03 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2014, 12:24 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Ichabod's hat

I think a pumpkin would be more fitting.

you're a pumpkin

But yeah actually on second thought I'll just second this gentleman's post (particularly if it's the jack-o'-lantern from the movie)
Now what just a second, guys. If Koopaul decides to use Jack Skellington's film for his project, you wouldn't think it would be more deserving of a pumpkin symbol, right?
Well, probably, but it could still be a skull or something christmas-related if Koopaul chooses a jack-o'-lantern for Sleepy Hollow.
For Bolt, didn't he have a little emblem on his collar?
For Lilo and Stitch, you could do one of the dress flowers or a silhouette of Hawaii.
You could have the motorcycle w/ basket for Aristocats or a bowl.
For Chicken Little, you could have a piece of the sky, a tic-tac, or an alien ship.
Tarzan could be a camp or the treehouse
Frozen could be a snow flake, a snowman, or a door.
Pinocchio could be the whale, his hat, Jiminy, donkey ears, or puppet strings.
Dinosaur could be the meteor.
Didn't the people in Atlantis have tattoos? You could possibly draw from that.
Robin Hood could be the crocodile, a fairy in a bottle, The Big Ben, or Neverland.
(05-03-2014, 12:53 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Robin Hood could be the crocodile, a fairy in a bottle, The Big Ben, or Neverland.

Don't you mean Peter Pan?
(05-03-2014, 01:08 PM)Paladin Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2014, 12:53 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Robin Hood could be the crocodile, a fairy in a bottle, The Big Ben, or Neverland.

Don't you mean Peter Pan?

I always get them mixed up for some reason.

Robin Hood could be the King's crown.
Oh the reason why I left out the Nightmare Before Christmas is the same reason I left out Pixar. I wanted to stick to Walt Disney Pictures productions.

Anyway the reason I got the idea for this project was because I was digging through my old Disney CD albums. One thing that was pretty cool that I noticed was that a lot of them had a silhouette or symbol on the disc. Mulan had a dragon, Aladdin had a lamp, ect. It somewhat inspired me to complete this. I wanted to create an iconic symbol for the other Disney movies that didn't seem to have one/ I didn't discover yet.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions!
Emperor's could be one of Izma's potions.
Pages: 1 2