The VG Resource

Full Version: Looney Tunes Flash Game Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone get the cartoon weapondries and backgrounds from ant of these flash games? Smile

http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/Ca...Coyote.htm
http://www.funnygames.co.uk/coyote-roll.htm
http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/Ca...oyote2.htm

What will you get for doing this?:
  • You will be credited on the completed sprite sheet.
  • You can see your work being used on certain Looney Tunes-related projects
  • The Sprite Sheet/Texture Pack/Sound Effects Library will be made available for everyone to use on Spriter's/Models/Textures/Sounds Resource.
  • You could submit it to another website if you desire.
  • You will be forever grateful to any/all Looney Tunes Fans.
Anyone? Sad
Ian, may I make a suggestion? You know what the print screen key on your computer is, right? How about trying to take screen captures of those screens and then editing/tracing over them the best you could?

If you are expecting the direct vector images and the like from the file, then I'm afraid you're out of luck there. Trying to get assets directly out of a swf file is a little tricky, but when I attempted to look at the file myself by importing it into Flash, I was denied looking at it on a deeper level because the file is protected by the author. Unless someone is willing to decompile the file effectively to the point of gathering the images you need, then the best I could see anyone do is give my suggestion a chance. I might consider doing this for you if you want.
(06-18-2014, 02:57 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Ian, may I make a suggestion? You know what the print screen key on your computer is, right? How about trying to take screen captures of those screens and then editing/tracing over them the best you could?

If you are expecting the direct vector images and the like from the file, then I'm afraid you're out of luck there. Trying to get assets directly out of a swf file is a little tricky, but when I attempted to look at the file myself by importing it into Flash, I was denied looking at it on a deeper level because the file is protected by the author. Unless someone is willing to decompile the file effectively to the point of gathering the images you need, then the best I could see anyone do is give my suggestion a chance. I might consider doing this for you if you want.

Well, it could take me a really long while for me print-screen and retrace them all. But I'll give it a try.

Though there is just 1 problem: In flash games, I can't pause the game to stop. Sad

You can do it if you want to. Smile
Well, I might consider that when I'm not so busy.

As for your problem involving pausing the game, I have another idea, but I don't know if it would work on a Windows computer. Basically, all you would have to do is open Quicktime (you usually find it on Mac computers), go into the File menu and click on "New Screen Recording." Once you do that, just hit the red button to record and you'll have footage of you as you work on your screen. This is useful because you will get footage of yourself playing the game that you can review to your heart's content. From the footage, you can then try to screen capture bits from the footage and then fix them up in the paint program of your choice. Just be wary that footage you record tends to be a little JPG-ish, which leads to unnecessary colors that you won't be able to see unless you inspect it closely. I'm sure it's not an issue to you considering how you plan to use the backgrounds and how you're going to trace over them, but if you plan on actually submitting what you have to the main site, just keep that in mind, OK?
(06-18-2014, 08:10 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I might consider that when I'm not so busy.

As for your problem involving pausing the game, I have another idea, but I don't know if it would work on a Windows computer. Basically, all you would have to do is open Quicktime (you usually find it on Mac computers), go into the File menu and click on "New Screen Recording." Once you do that, just hit the red button to record and you'll have footage of you as you work on your screen. This is useful because you will get footage of yourself playing the game that you can review to your heart's content. From the footage, you can then try to screen capture bits from the footage and then fix them up in the paint program of your choice. Just be wary that footage you record tends to be a little JPG-ish, which leads to unnecessary colors that you won't be able to see unless you inspect it closely. I'm sure it's not an issue to you considering how you plan to use the backgrounds and how you're going to trace over them, but if you plan on actually submitting what you have to the main site, just keep that in mind, OK?

The good news: I have Quicktime, I use it for my Adobe Photoshop program.

Bad News: I DO have a Windows Computer. Sad So screen recording's a no-go.

Now what'll I do?
...Use a different screen recording program? Blank
Try downloading ScreenGet or AnimGet. They'll create screen shots for each frame of movement, so you can try using that to get the results.
Ok. Smile

The ScreenGet Program works. Smile Gave me exactly what I wanted. Smile

I'll try and make something, but in the meantime, E-man, if you said if you give it a try. Smile Be my guest.
"The Unarchiver" for Mac can decompile all the assets of a SWF (flash) file. It's a mess, but here's everything from the game lol.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...oyote2.zip

EDIT: oh wait there were three games? I see, well there's the first one ^ and here's the second one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...e_roll.zip

The third one didn't have much of non-vector/sound data in it so I don't know if you even want it

EDIT EDIT: whoa guys – print screening stuff from flash games (or, ANY games) is never a really good idea. If you want lossless rips from, say, a SNES game, you DIVE INSIDE THE FILE and grab it from it's very core. The same applies to everything, Wii games, PSX games, and yes, even Flash games. Print screening should be the absolute last option (well, if you want lossless results, that is...)

EDIT EIDT ETDI: no credit pls
Thanks, Raccoon Sam.

Can you show me the files from Wile E. Rocket Ride, anyways? Smile
(06-22-2014, 05:39 PM)LooneyTunerIan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Raccoon Sam.

Can you show me the files from Wile E. Rocket Ride, anyways? Smile
Erm. I think the point of his post was to give you everything you needed to do anything you wanted all on your own. Smile
I don't have Mac. Sad Only Windows.

Unless if there's some sort of alternative to "The Un-Archiver", I can't do anything. Sad

Oh, well.

Back to the old print-screen methods. :/

@Raccoon Sam,

I can make out most of the backgrounds from Coyote Roll and Debris Derby, but the other graphics are too blurry. Sad

At least the sound effects are nice. Smile
Well, those are the bitmaps that are embedded in the games. If something's missing, it's a vector.
i can't do much but you could try http://www.swftools.org/
Well, that failed. Sad

The SWF Tool you suggested was only meant to PDF files into SWF Files. Sad

Anybody got any other SWF Extracting/Un-Archiving Methods?
Pages: 1 2