The VG Resource

Full Version: bad box art thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
back when videos didnt exist, lots of videogames were judged by the front cover, since you really couldn't "preview" the game. some game's box art dont even look like what the game is about.

so lets say one day, youre walking in the store and you see

[Image: vCScZ3k.jpg]

[Image: nGF7a5D.jpg]

[Image: 9gLWjad.jpg]

these.

feel free to share best worst box art
Clearly, if you are going to post bad box art, don't forget about the king of it.

[Image: Mega_Man_1_box_artwork.jpg]
[Image: medium_155568_3829806371.jpg]

actual game: [Image: Phalanx_SNES_ScreenShot4.gif]
[Image: ngbbs4e1260227aa5f.jpg]
Compared to it's Japanese box art, this is atrocious.

[Image: Balloon-kid.jpg]

Also this one:

[Image: boyblobds.jpg]
That's nothing, Koopaul! If you want to see some box art that looks really bad compared to the Japanese version, try this uncanny valley gem on for size!

[Image: 1061174322-00.jpg]
Are you kidding? That box art is awesome
yeah! that one looks fucking rad. too bad the game now looks like a sack of shit compared to that
[Image: AlexKiddInMiracleWorldBox.jpg]
That's not even what Alex Kidd looks like. (Also, what is he punching? Is he just punching thin air?)

[Image: strider_box_us.jpg]
And that's not even what Strider looks like.

[Image: a3ebcd19ff9e72bd40f2993e18fe6bde-worst-c...istory.jpg]
Was this made in KidPix?

[Image: e1862047e0c0fe9f975d9837781b4ba5-worst-c...istory.jpg]
Couldn't they have shown more than just a foot? And just like the Alex Kidd one, what is the foot hitting, exactly?

[Image: 74bde74bb2279e23ad37d2cef014d516-worst-c...istory.jpg]
CASECEPTION

[Image: e3a2c37207ed7c807335418ae38d6df4-worst-c...istory.jpg]
Yeah, like I really want to think of THAT when I play a game about cute dragons/dinosaurs matching colored bubbles.

[Image: ICO-NA-Box-Art.jpg]
Crappy Photoshop powers activate!

[Image: 198843_28033_front.jpg]
I know nothing about this series, and even I know that this is hugely inaccurate.
[Image: vcgnlz.png]

gameplay:
[Image: isahai.png]
(04-22-2014, 12:56 AM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ][Image: strider_box_us.jpg]
And that's not even what Strider looks like.
What really gets me about this particular boxart is how the artist drew Strider's sword wrong, when the correct design is right there in the fucking logo below. This actually annoyed me more than Strider looking like Reb Brown.

[Image: 0t6pZir.png]
(Right cover) Ladies and gentlemen, this is the game cover equivalent of blowing one's self: the only one who enjoys the act is itself, and it revolts everybody else who witnesses it.

[Image: 1aFJLS7.jpg]
From what I've gathered from this cover, "Anticipation" on the Nintendo Entertainment System is a board game that sets the player on an agonizing journey into the Blue Void, a a twisted realm where the best of 80s fashion went to die.

[Image: OWue8sF.jpg]
Poorly textured and bland models? Check.
Purple apple-cherry fruit? Check.
Title that sounds like a pejorative term for Pakistanis when spoken out loud? Check.
[Image: 17is8pwkrwse4jpg.jpg]

[Image: frTzGyX.png]
(04-21-2014, 06:31 PM)recme Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 9gLWjad.jpg]

Can I just say... I actually own this game. I bought it as a gift for my buddy James (Caddicarus), and have yet to give it to him because I can't handle not seeing that face on my desk every day.
(04-21-2014, 08:34 PM)smell factories Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding? That box art is awesome

It's cool, yes, but the amount of uncanny valley going on in it slightly unappeals to me. Also, the Japanese box art has a better likeness to Goemon.

But then again, I'll give the American box art props for not having a middle-aged man like Ebisumaru wear tutu...
[Image: 1037917830-00.jpg]

….. Wait… You actually know Caddicarus, Dazz?
Uh, what? I think you better go look at the game again.

Edit: sorry, the quote button is broken on mobile. That was in response to recme saying Legend of the Mystical Ninja looked like shit.
Pages: 1 2 3