The VG Resource

Full Version: Half-Life 2: Ep 1 & 2 on STEAMLESS comp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop doesn't have the internet, so I was forced to install and download Half Life 2, Ep 1 & Ep 2. Now I'm trying to transfer Ep 1 & Ep 2 to my laptop so that I can play them. Everything is going well, except for the fact that I can't find the executables. Anyone have any idea where they are?
Look in SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base
(04-17-2014, 05:03 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Look in SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base

No go, sorry. All I have in my "common folder" is:

Half-Life 2\
SteamVR\
Team Fortress 2\

I should also mention, I bought the Orange Box, if that helps!
This is probably a really dumb question, but would they be in the hl2 folder?

What's in SteamVR?
Have you checked Program Files?
(04-17-2014, 03:34 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]This is probably a really dumb question, but would they be in the hl2 folder?

What's in SteamVR?
Have you checked Program Files?

There is only "hl2.exe" which launches Half-Life 2 on my laptop. I tried changing "steam_appid.txt" from 220, to 420 and use the "hl2.exe" launcher to boot Episode 2 with no luck.

SteamVR contains 3 directories, "bin", "drivers", "resources".

None of the directories have the launchers in them.

The games aren't installed in the Program Files directory.
Check the steamapps/<username> folder
(04-17-2014, 09:48 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Check the steamapps/<username> folder

There ain't no username folder mate. Thanks for trying. Since it's being a bitch, I'll just play them on this machine... Here's to hoping my mouse will work on it though LOL

<EDIT> Since you are helping me out, could you check this Skydrive link. I've uploaded models from, Counter Strike 1.6, Half Life I & Need For Speed VI: Hot Pursuit II. I just want to know if it can be accessed by general people.

http://1drv.ms/1hRV7Eg